OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

TRACT Optics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRACT Optics
    Posted: November/19/2016 at 11:11
ILya?
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 14:49
Who they are and represent sounds great. Sign me up. I'll take 2 of the top of the line and do some reviews.

About time to pair a reasonable price to go along with quality.
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 15:55
Agreed...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 17:47

Are these available from the forum sponsor, SWFA ?  The answer is no.

I just looked, SWFA sells scopes from 48 different brands.

Edited by NDhunter - November/19/2016 at 18:59
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 19:05
A couple of former Nikon people. They are purported to be good scores for the money, but I have not yet looked at them.

Ilya
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 19:54
Ilya, Jon Allen is the former sales manager and LaCorte is a former field promo guy.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Whitefire View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitefire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 23:21
Hmmm, I am considering a new optic for my NEF 45/70 (can substitute for a muzzle loader in Mississippi), this is a great excuse to give Tract a look...

Wf
May His face shine upon you and give you peace.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2016 at 23:21
I will have this in my hand hopefully for full review momentarily.

Look at the site and add impact ballistic as an app on your phones.

Best balistic info most complete bullet selection .338 at least...
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2016 at 09:53
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

I will have this in my hand hopefully for full review momentarily.

Look at the site and add impact ballistic as an app on your phones.

Best balistic info most complete bullet selection .338 at least...
Looking forward to your review...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2016 at 14:29
Looks like they need illuminated reticle… certainly not a showstopper, but, for me, a higly desired feature.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2016 at 18:54
I am sure they will be at SHOT, so I will go take a look at their products and see if I want to look at them further.

Some features of the Toric scope are interesting and putting the 3-15x42 up against Razor HD LH might be worthwhile.

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2016 at 22:59
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I am sure they will be at SHOT, so I will go take a look at their products and see if I want to look at them further.

Some features of the Toric scope are interesting and putting the 3-15x42 up against Razor HD LH might be worthwhile.

ILya
Thank you… I will be on a test range again this year… so no chance for SHOT.  Always interested in seeing how the "new stuff" is coming along.

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 15:54
I've had a Toric 3-15x for over 100 rounds now on a new .243.  Glass is spectacular, tracking and build quality are on the money so far.   John and Jon are great guys. 

BTW, the Toric binos are as good as it gets under $2k.  
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:12
I only recently heard of them.  How long have they been out?

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:15
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

A couple of former Nikon people. They are purported to be good scores for the money, but I have not yet looked at them.

Ilya

Yep, John Allen and John LaCorte left Nikon and started TRACT sport optics. They happened to attend a Texas Trophy Hunters shows where we also have a display.
John Allen and I recognized one another and spoke briefly about it.

Looking at it on the table it very much resembles something familiar.

They are direct to consumer. Again, I briefly looked at it and indoors none the less. I would being doing either John a favor talking about it without having spent more time with it, more especially in natural light.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:17
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I only recently heard of them.  How long have they been out?

Not long, I think they just brought these to the market this year. Additionally they are doing a lot of grassroots marketing at local shows around the US.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:20
Any chance SWFA will be carrying them?  I know you said they "direct market", but…  

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:28
I don't know.  I had asked him if they are looking for dealers so I could give the buying information to our purchasers. This is when John informed me that they were going to be focusing on consumer direct sales.

Who knows what evolution is in their future.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:32
Direct sales, in that market, does not SOUND like a great idea to me… but what do I know… I just buy stuff...

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:40
Skylar, did they say who OEMs it for them?

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic