OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Minox ZX5i 5-25x56 BDC ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosedowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minox ZX5i 5-25x56 BDC ??
    Posted: November/25/2016 at 18:29
Looking for a good light gathering scope for my 22-250 and I came across this one.
Anyone have one? what are your thought?
goosedowner View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosedowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2016 at 07:24
Thank goodness there's google translate...lol 
 I did a lot of searching and the only reviews I could find were from europe and they said the ZX is the replacement for the ZA line. Supposedly Minox fixed all the downfalls of the ZA's with improvements in the  ZX's. The Zx's are assembled in Germany but I cold not find where all the components were made?
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2016 at 07:38
I have a za5 3-15x42 with a German reticle and it's got some really nice glass . Optically better than a Nikon monarch ucc. It's not quite as nice as my Zeiss conquest duralyt and I don't like it with the zoom at 15.

I have 2 scopes that go up to 15 or 16, the minox and a Nikon monarch. I never turn up past about 10 or 12. Just hate I can't see much. Nikon is monarch 3 4-16x50mm and it's got BDC reticle which I would not get again. It has good glass and is also bright in low light.

My Zeiss is 2-8x42 and 30mm tube. Think that is where I need to go with all hunting scopes. Just seems like the fov is superior. Maybe in my head lol.
Newbweatherby View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbweatherby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2017 at 14:22
I realize this is an old post but I can't find any information or very few posts abput this scope Iam on the fence about buying this scope please if anyone can gove any info on this optic good or bad please let me know
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbweatherby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2017 at 01:27
I ended up purchasing this scope afyer readinghttp://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2016/06/optics-test-14-new-riflescopes-ed-ranked-and-rated as it places very high for low light and perfect for difinition
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbweatherby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2017 at 18:30
Has anyone else have any input in this s ope?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic