OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Suggestions for Scope Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maclin56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for Scope Selection
    Posted: November/30/2016 at 19:38
I'm not a novice shooter, and have a variety of different scopes on rifles, many of which were ordered through SWFA.
I have a new Ruger American in 30-06 that I need to top off. I"m not a competition shooter, nor a sniper wannabe. I've taken deer at the 400 yard range, and the only longer shots I would consider are at pigs and coyotes. I do like fixed power scopes, but am not dead set on that direction. Variables today are very reliable.
My budget for this is about $350. I'm considering a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-12-x 40 BDC, the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD, and possibly a SS 6x42 from SWFA.
There are so many scopes out there, new and established, that it can become a mind-twist selecting one.
Please offer opinions and selections from the SWFA offerings.
Thank you.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2016 at 11:16
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Maclin56 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maclin56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2016 at 07:57
SVT, thank you for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic