OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zen Ray ED4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zen Ray ED4
    Posted: December/27/2016 at 12:48
So, I had a set of 8x43 ED2's that had a prism issue and sent them back to Zen Ray. They replaced them with a set of ED4 8x43's. I haven't found much info on them. Can anyone tell me if these are for sale by any vendors, and what the differences are between the ED2's and ED4's are?

Edited by mil169 - December/27/2016 at 14:34
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2016 at 18:40

Zenray had a few good years, but have now disappeared on the forums they

started with.  It seems customer service response is zero.

China made binoculars, go slow, I would not recommend these at all.

You can do better.

verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2017 at 08:34
how are your ED4'S? My primes are still spot on after 2 years still not seen anything better for the same money Big Smile
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2017 at 09:59
If customer service is non-existent, how did he get a replacement at all?

Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering. I bought a pair awhile back just to play with, like them okay. Hopeful if they break it happens before the company is gone for good.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2017 at 03:23
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

If customer service is non-existent, how did he get a replacement at all?

Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering. I bought a pair awhile back just to play with, like them okay. Hopeful if they break it happens before the company is gone for good.
what flavour did you pick?                                                                                                                                                                    
probably View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probably Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2017 at 20:01
I bought the ED3's as cheapo starter binoculars for my kid a few years ago, and was surprised at how good they were, for the price.

I was considering the ED4's for her, but the site is "undergoing revision" and not able to sell anything (never a good sign)  And now I read the warning here.  

So what brand and model is the 2018 equivalent of quality and value to what the ED3's were few years ago?    

In 30 yrs of hunting Ive taken many WTB over 120", 3 over 140" & 2 over 160;I own most of the glass and guns that people argue over. So I go online for friendly chat but rude know-it-alls can bite me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic