OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A New Brand in USA and Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:40

Serious-Lee:

I think you will find things here much to your liking. First, you may go days without seeing a new post, because members deal with one thing at a time and let it go when an answer has been found, thus using the site as a tool and not a toy.

Also, it is refreshing in that the experienced can replace the pretentious “I believe,” “perhaps you may,” “but possibly,” “maybe,” “you might consider,” etc. with “is” and “are” without thin skinned speculators taking offense and whining to the site owner that you weren’t politically correct enough for THEIR taste and temperament.
“Water, water everywhere nor any drop to drink.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
“Social media everywhere but not a thought to think.” — me

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:40
Welcome to the forum Lee.

Do you know if these guys are going to be at SHOT next week? I am trying to work out my schedule for the site and if there is a new company with such an interesting pedigree, I would like to meet then.

ILya
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:41
Kind words, nothing; get up off the 5 bucks!
[/QUOTE]

Well for a start Skylar is definitely not from Texas.
Nobody from Texas calls another guy 'mate'.

Lee
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:42
Lol, yes. I aforementioned that  to reference Fess Parker's character portrayal of Mr. Crockett. I felt it was ironic, because he too had a low tolerance. An effort to paint the whole visual image.
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:44
Originally posted by WJC WJC wrote:

Serious-Lee:

I think you will find things here much to your liking. First, you may go days without seeing a new post, because members deal with one thing at a time and let it go when an answer has been found, thus using the site as a tool and not a toy.

Also, it is refreshing in that the experienced can replace the pretentious “I believe,” “perhaps you may,” “but possibly,” “maybe,” “you might consider,” etc. with “is” and “are” without thin skinned speculators taking offense and whining to the site owner that you weren’t politically correct enough for THEIR taste and temperament.

Noted.

Lee
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:44
Originally posted by Troubador Troubador wrote:

Lee

Funny story about that. I had a friend (best mate) who was from Australia. Every day he would call and he greeting was;

" Mate, How you going? " Being around him often there is a distinct different in dialect that you pick up on. Seeing the location of UK, there are similarities in the tongue used. Thus calling you mate. I still wanted to be friendly with you regardless of the infraction.
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:46
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Welcome to the forum Lee.

Do you know if these guys are going to be at SHOT next week? I am trying to work out my schedule for the site and if there is a new company with such an interesting pedigree, I would like to meet then.

ILya

I am trying to find this out and will get back to you but aren't you in danger of leading me into breaking the sites rules here?????????? 

Lee
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:52
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Lee

Funny story about that. I had a friend (best mate) who was from Australia. Every day he would call and he greeting was;

" Mate, How you going? " Being around him often there is a distinct different in dialect that you pick up on. Seeing the location of UK, there are similarities in the tongue used. Thus calling you mate. I still wanted to be friendly with you regardless of the infraction.

Well Mate I will respond in kind. I used to work with an uncle from South Africa ('uncle' being slang for guy at the time in South Africa) who used to spend about 5 months of the year in Australia and who always said 'G'day Mate' when he phoned me. When you called me 'mate' it took me back about 25 years to those days. You are right that 'mate' was commonly heard here at one time but I haven't heard it for some years.

OK how about some guidance? Ilya has asked if the new company marketing this new brand will be at SHOT. Is it  OK for me to post an answer to this if the company will be there? Sounds to me like I would be rule-bustin' to me.

Lee
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:54
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Lol, yes. I aforementioned that  to reference Fess Parker's character portrayal of Mr. Crockett. I felt it was ironic, because he too had a low tolerance. An effort to paint the whole visual image.

When my boys were young, they were Crockett fanatics. So, when I found Fess was coming to Seattle, I wrote him to see if I could arrange a meeting. But he was coming up to promote his winery, and said every minute of his time in the area was already spoken for and that he was just a pawn to his schedule. When he got home, he sent an autographed photo of him in his Crockett regalia which I gave to my oldest son.   

WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 12:07

Kind words, nothing; get up off the 5 bucks!

Lee
[/QUOTE]

Lee:

Most Texans don’t use “bloody,” either. However, this Pecos boy has used it since he was a pre-teen. Of course, in the Guns of Navarone, the over-used word was “Ruddy.”

Also, you will recall how I proffered that this site wasn’t over-used. Well, welcoming you has caused more message traffic than I have ever seen.   

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 12:49
Mostly, you can talk any brands you would like.  And in most cases it is ok to link directly to a manufacturers site.  But that doesn't seem to be a hard rule as sometimes the direct site may be a competitor to SWFA as some of them sell from their site and from SWFAs site.  But I have never seen SWFA have issues with talking about a brand even if they don't sell it.  Its just the links to competitors that get us spanked. 

The moderators do a superb job here.  And Skylar is outstanding at what he does for both this site and the SWFA store.  I personally like that they keep the hotlinks monitored and in check.  As they can often and do often lead to malicious sites.  I very seldom click on links any more because of all the security risks.  I just do the searches myself.  What Skylar did and his explanation of why seems makes a lot of sense.

This site is owned by SWFA.  So best practice when you want to add links to a product is to link to that product on SWFAs online store. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 13:00
Looking forward to hearing more about the actual products...and welcome aboard!
Reaction time is a factor...
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 13:22
Originally posted by gunut gunut wrote:

they had better perform at an alpha level for half the big boy alpha prices, for at least 5 years B4 they can be looked at as a top level option....otherwise just another mid priced no name wannabe....

Gotta start somewhere, eh mate?  This isn't Chicom garbage.  
CJarvis View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJarvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 14:37
I'm going to be very leery of this brand until it's proven.

Michael Jensen was head of the Zeiss sports optics division when the Terra 3X came out. I believe the Terra line was misrepresented, and turned out to be a stinker.
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 03:59
Originally posted by gunut gunut wrote:

they had better perform at an alpha level for half the big boy alpha prices, for at least 5 years B4 they can be looked at as a top level option....otherwise just another mid priced no name wannabe....

So you are asking for Ferrari performance for a BMW price?
Sounds good to me.

And every business has to start somewhere and what better place to start than in the USA, the land of opportunity where everybody welcomes enterprise and wishes a new business all the luck in the world.

Lee
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 04:07
Originally posted by CJarvis CJarvis wrote:

I'm going to be very leery of this brand until it's proven.

Michael Jensen was head of the Zeiss sports optics division when the Terra 3X came out. I believe the Terra line was misrepresented, and turned out to be a stinker.

Its always wise to be cautious of new brands thats true and only time will tell whether this start-up can cut the mustard.

I know nothing about riflescopes but American Rifleman and On Target gave the Terra 3x good reviews, the latter finishing its review off with the statement "The Zeiss Terra 3X is more than a good scope; it’s a delightful way to save money".

Jensen also headed up Zeiss SPO USA when their HT, SF and Conquest HD models were introduced and they are none too shabby.

And show me the guy who never made a mistake and I'll show you a guy who never made anything.

Lee
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 04:08
Thanks for your welcome Pal.

Lee
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 07:14
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Looking forward to hearing more about the actual products...and welcome aboard!

Thanks for your welcome Jono.

Lee
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 09:43
Welcome to OT, Lee!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 10:06
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Welcome to OT, Lee!

Thanks for your welcome RifleDude, its a pleasure to be here.

Lee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic