OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

millet scope?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacdog06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: millet scope?
    Posted: January/31/2017 at 05:01
anyone had any dealings with millet scopes?  have a rifle may wanna put one on and wanna see some feedback
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2017 at 10:31
Millet, along with most other Chinese scopes, is going to come down to the individual scope that you get. With that many options at that low of a price point, there is a lot that can go wrong. IMHO,not worth the time or money.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2017 at 10:53
Overall Millets are not thought to highly of.  There are better options available.

what is your budget, what rifle, and intended use?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
blacdog06 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacdog06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2017 at 13:14
yeah was wondering how they would be,    budget is less than $600.    how about hawke? like there sidewinder 30
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2017 at 16:22
What are you going to use it for?
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2017 at 21:41
600 bucks can buy something quite nice. If you list what caliber and intended use I'm sure someone will help spend your money.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2017 at 10:46
Hawk scopes are generally used for airgunning. Right around $600 you can get an SS3-15 scope.
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2017 at 11:48
Hawk scopes are generally used for airgunning. Right around $600 you can get an SS3-15 scope.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2017 at 06:58
SHHHHH must be a"Black" gun... Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2017 at 08:51
There are literally 100s of good hunting scopes out there in or under the 600 dollar mark. Millet ain't one of them.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2017 at 19:29
^^^^^This!!
blacdog06 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacdog06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2017 at 11:12

scope would go on a new Remington 700 5R MILSPEC in 300 win mag.   don't hunt,  wanna use the gun for some long range shoots,  am taking a long range shooting class in the spring that have shoots up to 1,000 yard and one with up to a mile.   I know looking on the low end price scopes aint gonna cut it for the distances,  and now figured I better plan on spending more on better glass for these ranges.   im not a rich guy so chunking down several thousands for a scope cant happen least not by my wallet. 

so ill up it to around the $1500 range will be my max spending allowance on a scope.  variable power only

I see quite a few around a grand that seem nice and quite a few at 2 grand but not many in the middle?

really like the nightforce nxs but all those I see are near $2000

Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2017 at 12:16
SS 5-20 would be my choice. I have several Nightforce scopes, but knowing what I know now it would be a SS. Or the SS 3-15 would be another good choice and you would have money leftover for more ammo.

Also don't skimp on the rings. Talleys would be an excellent  choice.
blacdog06 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacdog06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2017 at 23:22

by SS im assuming u mean super sniper?

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2017 at 01:14
That's the one I would use, and do, I regularly shoot a match that is 600 800 900 and 1000 yards you will find high magnification doesn't necessitate seeing or hitting your target at range.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
blacdog06 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacdog06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2017 at 05:47

i know ill probably get chastised but ive heard all swfa super snipers are are glorified tasco scopes??

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2017 at 09:32
The super sniper brand was started years ago by I don't recall who, but to fulfill a navy contract.  They built the original 10x for that contract and it was excellent.  At some point as it has changed hands over the years from owner to owner Tasco did in fact own them.  They however like all things Tasco started cutting corners and the quality from the original build went down considerably.

SWFA bought them years back and returned then up the original quality and then improved upon them.  In the classic line, they started building 6x, 10x, 12x, 16x and 20x, 1-4x and 3-15x models.  At some point in time they also upgraded the optics and overall build quality. 

They also designed the HD line which is a completely different scope from the classic line from the ground up, and built in a completely different factory.  They are using the best optics coming out of Japan and the internals are built extremely precise and they are extremely durable. They have many upgrades to the classic line.

They also changed the name from Super Sniper to SS.

I have been using them for 10+ years and I can honestly say they are excellent scopes.  I have owned a 10x classic, on the HD line, two 1-4x, a 3-9x, a 10x and two 5-20x models.  They have all been used a lot and always have worked great.

They are not glorified Tasco's.  People who say that really don't know what they are talking about.  There are many many reviews on the net about them and many of us here on this forum use them and like them a lot.  Are there better scopes?  Sure.  But the SWFA SS line both classic and HD are excellent and if you choose one, you won't be disappointed.      

Edited by supertool73 - February/09/2017 at 09:39
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2017 at 13:15
^^^^This!!

blacdog06 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacdog06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2017 at 11:33
ok well were else can the SS scope be purchased ?   only place ive seen them is from swfa and they are always showing backorderd??
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2017 at 14:06
Sorry here is it. But they are well worth the wait! And don't skimp on rings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic