OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Prostaff 7 vs: Monarch 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMCHamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Prostaff 7 vs: Monarch 3
    Posted: February/05/2017 at 07:05
So I am in the market for a 4-16x50 scope for a 300 WM and was considering buying another Monarch, as I think they are a nice, clear scope that seems to be well made. I have started seeing these Prostaff 7s advertised and was wondering, quality wise, where do they stack up with a Monarch 3? I had always considered the Prostaff as Nikon's lowest line, is the 7 a shift in that?
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2017 at 16:59
I have a monarch 3 version of that scope with a BDC reticle and its really nice. I don't like it up on 16X, I guess maybe the exit pupil is smaller than my eye's pupil??? I have a minox that goes to 15x and don't like it either up at 15. 

I like it in low light too, because the crosshairs are heavier, so its easy to see things. I got it for a song from here with a trade and Nikon had them on sale with a rebate too, I believe. Tried to sell the gun its on with the scope and had more people ask me to separate and sell them the scope than were interested in the gun. 

I don't think the prostaff is quite as good. If you can find the monarch for a good price, I would buy it. I have 2 of them, they are nice scopes for the money. I like the Leupolds too. 
Uncle Lawrence View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Lawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2017 at 12:09
I have the M20X, I don't know why but I don't care for the Prostaff. Prostaff is the lower line but the P7 is better than the P6; I'm guessingHammer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic