OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 still around?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 still around?
    Posted: March/29/2017 at 12:59

This scope seems like it might be on the way out, can't seem to find it anywhere.  SWFA no longer offers it and the Vortex's own site says "limited availability."  This would be a shame since the older Viper line also discontinued its tweener scope years back and the DB HP scopes seemed to address the lack of eye relief in the basic Diamondback 2-7x35.

Anyone know for sure?

Steve
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2017 at 13:08
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2017 at 19:04
My best guess is that Diamondback HP is being phased out.  Vortex is likely realigning some of the product families a little and I do not know how Diamondback HP will fit in their future line-up.

I am sure they will have a tweener somewhere in there.

Depending on your price range, consider the new Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32.

If you do not need side focus, this is a very nice design.  It is probably my favourite tweener design out there right now.

That having been said, I am yet to look at the ER5 1.5-8x32 which also looked very promising.

With Vortex, the only other option is the new PST Gen 2 2-10x32 which has side focus, but it is a noticeably heavier design that is aimed at more of a DMR-style application.

ILya

Hubby11 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2017 at 11:18

Thanks for the replies.  Koshkin, the Razor and Leica are out of my price range (max $300).  I was not quite in a position to buy, but if the Diamondback HP is going away, I might need to make a move.  The link supertool73 provided said only 10 left in stock!

Steve
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2017 at 12:27
It said 5 in stock yesterday.  Either they got more or something
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic