OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review: Steiner T1042R Binoculars w/ Mil Reticle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Review: Steiner T1042R Binoculars w/ Mil Reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckchome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Steiner T1042R Binoculars w/ Mil Reticle
    Posted: May/12/2017 at 14:50
I recently purchased a pair of Steiner Tactical 1042R binoculars (the model with the SUMR milliradian reticle). After finding a scant number of reviews, I decided to do my own after a few months of field use. This also gave me an opportunity to launch a YouTube review channel focusing on long ranging shooting gear. 

The full YouTube review can be found here

If you just want to watch individual chapters--or skip ahead to the 11-point, summative review--check out the chapter links below. I offer this review, not as an optics expert, but as a regular hunter/shooter who is constrained by a budget but is appreciative of high value optics. Your feedback on this initial attempt at making a review is welcome. In anticipation of the critique, yes it is probably a bit too long. Hopefully the chapters help interested parties find the information they want more quickly. 

I. Introduction (0:00-3:40)

II. Purpose/Applications (3:40-9:48)

III. Product Specs + Comparison with Similarly Priced Competitors (9:48-34:03)

IV. Field Tests (34:03-55:42)

V. Summative Evaluation Using 11-Point Rubric (55:42-1:24:11)

DOCUMENTS LINKED IN VIDEO: 

11-Point Summative Rubric: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Competitor Comparison Chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2017 at 14:57
I can't open review
Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic