OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

300 blk AR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 300 blk AR
    Posted: June/23/2017 at 16:32
Yesterday I grabbed my 300 blk SBR and went out shooting, I have not shot it much as I mostly shoot the bolt action blk.  It has a Seekins 8.5 barrel.  I have worked up a load with 208 amax bullets at 1050ish velocity.  I bought a Vortex scope for it.  The Viper 2.5-10x32 with their XLR MOA reticle in it.  It has a christmas tree type with 32 moa of holder over. 

I got it zeroed at 50 yards then I ranged a rock at 252 yards out.  My isnipe app said I would need 28 moa to shoot that far, so I held over the 28 moa and let one fly.  Smacked the rock first shot.  Haha, it was awesome, I love lobbing long shots with the big subsonic bullets.  I can reach 275 yard with the holder over in that scope. 

I also loaded a bunch or 110 Hornady bullets for it.  I zeroed it for 100 yards.  Exactly 3 moa lower than my subsonic zero at 50 yards.  I have not chronoed those loads, but when I do I will be able to use the reticle for hold overs and have a real simple double zero scope setup for both of my loads. 

300 blackouts are a lot of fun. 

Terrible quality pic,  But here is my beast.

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2017 at 16:44
👍🍺
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2017 at 11:00
Thunbs Up
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2017 at 14:26
Good shooting!
Stamp collecting since 2015
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2017 at 07:52

Similar to mine..... always struggle with a scope on mine.... might need to look at that vortex.    Mine last about 50-60 shots before I have to clean to prevent malfunction from blowback of unburnt powder...

Whats your sub recipe?

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2017 at 09:22
They are no doubt dirty buggers.

Right now I have been shooting 10.5 1680 with 208 amax.  But I had it up at 8500 ft elevation over the weekend and they were super sonic.  So I need to make some adjustments. 

Its funny, they go super in my 8" Seekins barrel, but they don't in my 16" Ruger American. 

My 4 year old was shooting it on Saturday.  (I was knelt down holding the rifle, he was just looking through scope and running trigger).  But we were just shooting into a hill side and one time when he pulled the trigger a big branch fell out of an Aspen tree.  He thought he did it with the rifle.  He hasn't quit talking about it sense.  Way to funny.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2017 at 10:40
Awesome! I've had a lot of fun playing with my BLK with subs. Just wish my Form 4 would get approved already, so I could take full advantage of the subs!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic