OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tangent Theta 3-15 in hand!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tangent Theta 3-15 in hand!
    Posted: June/26/2017 at 15:47
Anyone have one, have time behind one? Koshkin gave it his seal of approval, so the proverbial trigger is pulled, just looking for affirmations - or horror stories.

Mine will be evaluated next to my go-to favorite: a Hensoldt 3-12x56. If it comes close, I'll be ecstatic; if it surpasses...

It is going on a Seekins 6.5Creedmore in an Aadmount - one of the first, I think.

More to follow.

Edited by Rancid Coolaid - June/29/2017 at 09:50
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2017 at 20:19
Congratulations.  You have chosen wisely.  Both a mechanical and optical work of engineering excellence.  

Oh yeah, Brandon has a 5-25.  

Edited by Kickboxer - June/26/2017 at 20:24
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2017 at 21:57
I have 2 of them in my possession at the moment. I'm currently building 2 rifles for my brother and his business partner. Both rifles have the TT3-15X50 30mm XR mil. I just completed 1 rifle and spent about 4 hours at the range with it yesterday. There is nothing not to like about the TT 3-15, except maybe less total adjustment range vs some competing tactical scopes. Otherwise, it tracks perfectly, knobs are superb, click feel is very positive and precise, optics first-rate, XR reticle is a nice design, illumination system is well-designed. I will end up buying one for myself for an upcoming build I have planned.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2017 at 22:09
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 04:15
Beautiful! What caliber?
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 05:22
.300 Win Mag.
Ted

sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 05:53
That's purdy
Stamp collecting since 2015
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 08:20
Ted, mine is the 34mm tube, so lots more elevation, 28mils they say.

More to follow, the guy in the brown truck has mine now - and that guy hates me!

Edited by Rancid Coolaid - June/27/2017 at 08:37
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 09:06
[QUOTE=Rancid Coolaid]Ted, mine is the 34mm tube, so lots more elevation, 28mils they say.

More to follow, the guy in the brown truck has mine now - and that guy hates me![/QUOTE]

Stop sicking the dog on him.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 09:36
Mine is awful... Damn glass is to clear, adjustment knobs fit my fingers to well, the clicks are to crisp and clean, it tracks to perfect thru out all the adjustments. I hate this one so much..... I want to try a few more just to see if this one is a fluke.. I don't like the ARD as it made everything look a tad blurry to me but that's me. I can't look thru a screen door with out my eyes crossing.

It will be in the top 3 scope you have ever used RC. they are that nice.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 10:30
Is that a Spurh mount?
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 10:36
Yes it is the QDP-4002. I have one on the tangent and my march. I really like those mounts. they keep the same zero when off and on.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 11:04

Since it's doesn't suit you BD, I'll give you 20 bucks for it, and I promise not to tell anyone where it came from, so you wont feel embarrassed.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 11:25
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I hate this one so much..... I want to try a few more just to see if this one is a fluke..

Of course. As is customary on OT, if you absolutely HATE something, it only follows logically that you should buy 17 of them in order to hate them with the proper vigor.
Ted

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 12:10
  I'm happy to do what I can for to betterment of this forum. If I have to put forth such a sacrifice, then so be it. If and I mean "if" someone felt it would be necessary to do some sort of fund to help easy the pain of such a lose while doing such a good dead in testing and suffering while using  this product out for the public masses. I would not be apposed and would take all the help I can get, there is still a few in stock that needs to be grabbed up before an unsuspecting consumer gets a hold of one and has an awful reaction and travels down this velvet lined worm hole .

SO stand up and donated today and lets remove these from the innovatory...... PM me for an address to send the donations....Bandito

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 12:19
See, just send me the scope, and I'll send you the donation. That way, I've helped you rid yourself of this burden twiceBandito
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 12:23
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

See, just send me the scope, and I'll send you the donation. That way, I've helped you rid yourself of this burden twiceBandito

See, what I'm talking about ,seeing a picture of these scopes has people not thinking straight..

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 13:10
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

See, what I'm talking about ,seeing a picture of these scopes has people not thinking straight..

No, that's just natural for me.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 13:22
ShockedI just looked that scope up. RC didn't skimp on this oneThunbs Up
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2017 at 14:37

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

FINE looking rifle there, Ted... did you do the coloring yourself?  Very NICE. 

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic