OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tikka Stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2017 at 19:35
Do they make McWoodys for old time M98 Mausers? 

Visit the Ed Show
Whale View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2017 at 11:10
I am sure they would. I once sent them my action and barrel. They made and inletted the stock to match.
Whale View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2017 at 11:17
Supertool73,
My gunsmith will call me next week with info on my stock. Hopefully, he can get it quicker and save me some money.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2017 at 19:44
Exellent
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Whale View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2017 at 14:27
Supertool73,
My gunsmith informed me that the stock would be arriving sooner. He must have an open order with them. He did not inform me about saving money.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2017 at 13:33
Went and worked on some load testing today.  I shot 39 grain through 41.5 grain at .5 intervals.  I did ladder tests and shot each load 6 times.  Everyone one of them shot an inch or under.  40.5, 41, and 41.5 all shot 3/4ish to 1/2ish. 40.5 and 41.5 looked to be the tightest. 

No pressure signs with 41.5 and I was shooting in 88 degree temps.  So I will probably play with that load a bit more as it will get me the fastest.

Overall I am pretty impressed with the Tikka.  The Manners stock is niiiicccce.  I like it a lot.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2017 at 16:34
It's a beautiful looking stock Jason  Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
HKtoTikka View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKtoTikka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2017 at 18:29
I have seen some GRS/Grodas Tikka stocks, which look mighty sweet, but very pricey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic