OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ball Lightning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ball Lightning
    Posted: July/27/2017 at 19:42
There was a storm pass by the house 2 days ago.  Lots of lightning.  We didn't get anything.  In fact, it was partly cloudy where I was.  I looked at the Weather bug app which has lightning strikes on it.  It said 40 miles away and it was over the Gulf of Mexico.  I only took a minute of video but the storm lasted over an hour. 

http://https://youtu.be/FgnrhLgn2co

Stamp collecting since 2015
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 19:55
Thats one messed up link bro
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 20:54
https://youtu.be/FgnrhLgn2co

https://youtu.be/FgnrhLgn2co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgnrhLgn2co

Copied from youtube.  Hope this works

edit  I can't get the hyper link working right.  You can copy and paste in the address bar. 

Edited by sucker76 - July/27/2017 at 21:01
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 21:55
Here you go

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 22:03
I thought ball lightening was when a ball of light floats around for a bit. That just looks like cloud to cloud lightening.

But that was a cool video either way.

sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 10:02
Hmmm It looks like I didn't do enough do diligence and research.  It is cloud to cloud and not ball lightning.  Just don't tell my wife I was wrong.  The video is very grainy but not too bad for being filmed with a cellphone in the dark. 

How did you embed the video?  I used the 'insert hyperlink' button above next to insert picture.  the link was given by youtube. 

Edited by sucker76 - July/28/2017 at 10:28
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 11:20
At the bottom of the text box it says BBcodes.  If you click on that it gives examples of how to use the BB codes.

If I do them on this screen it will make them into t the link.  So I will post an image of it.  Basically you put the BBcodes and then the part of the you tube link after the = sign. 

So in the case of your video you would put this.  FgnrhLgn2co

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 11:22
Don't put the little cursor line after this ] symbol.  That just did that as I took that image from Word and my cursor was there. 

sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 12:48
Ah got it, thanks.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 12:58
It is amazing what we can do with phones, the camera's on them these days are great.  My sister is in Istanbul Turkey right now, I was just talking to her on Skype through my phone.  Truly awesome the things we can do with them.   

sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 19:27
No kidding.  My daughter is constantly face timing her friends.  Image sensors are getting smaller and more capable every year.  My Samsung Note 5 camera sensor is 16MP / F1.9 with a 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size.  I couldn't find the ISO range.  That is one big thing that limits the phone sensors and small camera sensors - night or low light quality. 

Edited by sucker76 - July/28/2017 at 19:33
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic