OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

If you want to own an AR in California...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you want to own an AR in California...
    Posted: July/31/2017 at 16:56
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2017 at 20:56
It's criminal, one still can't register their AR as an assault weapon (RAW) if they want to, the dead line is 12/31/2017. Rumor has it that they are extending the dead line to July 2018 but I don't see it on their website so it's just a rumor.  Cussing

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms

I have a pre-ban, one that I'll register as an RAW and one that will be featureless (waiting on better solution before I build). My daughter will do the same.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2017 at 22:09
Why register? If you register, you still have to keep the bullet button. You will not be able to have a proper patio group with a proper removable mag.

ILya
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2017 at 22:54
Insanity! 
Stupidity!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2017 at 23:18
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Why register? If you register, you still have to keep the bullet button. You will not be able to have a proper patio group with a proper removable mag.

ILya

I hear you. If all 18 million gun owners in Kali took the time to vote last November the outcome may have been different.  Cencored

So why register, since I haven't seen a featureless solution yet that I like to address the pistol grip my thinking is I get to keep all the evil features currently on the rifle (with bullet button) that I had before the laws changed. Nothing really has changed with the rifle other than it would be registered RAW like my pre-ban AR. If I choose to dump it I remove everything off the rifle and they can have the lower.

I have a registered '83 pre-ban that's been upgraded with no bullet button requirement and no limit of evil features (flash hider, etc.) .... and two stripped lowers waiting to be built featureless (in no rush).
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 07:54
Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown and the rest of the Godless communists (AKA Democrats) don't give a rip about the citizens of Cali! They treat ALL Californians the same, they are surfs, only to do as the elite tell them to do. Sorry ILya, I pray for y'all, I know there are great people living under Unconstitutional laws that our federal government seems unwilling to correct!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 14:30
Mike, 

Honestly, the only advantage to the bullet button i see at this time is that it is very easy to change to a normal mag release when you go to another state.

Having tried most of the "featureless" setups, I definitely prefer some of them to a conventional pistol grip with the bullet button.  And since I fully expect our glorious lawmakers to eventually go house to house and confiscate everything, I do not want to register anything for as long as I can legally avoid it.  

ILya

urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 19:20
I do not want to own an AR in CA. It's more the CA part than the AR. Edited to ad that on the government approved AR issue, I wouldn't mind owning an Ares SCR. I would in fact if they were not so much more $$$ than a standard AR.

And, might as well move to GA! Starting this year you can hunt on public land with a full-featured AR sporting a suppressor. I might actually get a suppressor for that.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 19:52
Thanks ILya, I'll check in with you off line. Thunbs Up
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 19:56
Originally posted by urbaneruralite urbaneruralite wrote:

I do not want to own an AR in CA. It's more the CA part than the AR. Edited to ad that on the government approved AR issue, I wouldn't mind owning an Ares SCR. I would in fact if they were not so much more $$$ than a standard AR.

And, might as well move to GA! Starting this year you can hunt on public land with a full-featured AR sporting a suppressor. I might actually get a suppressor for that.

I'm a class 3 dealer in Ga. I'll hook you up on a supressor... If you move her or not.

Mike,ILya. Just move to Ga or Tx and be live happy and prosperous...
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 21:46
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Originally posted by urbaneruralite urbaneruralite wrote:

I'm a class 3 dealer in Ga. I'll hook you up on a supressor... If you move her or not.

Mike,ILya. Just move to Ga or Tx and be live happy and prosperous...

I'm feeling the Jones again!    But gotta fight the urge! I gotta restock that RPR!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2017 at 17:01
Or Alabama, we open carry here too. 

Screw Commifornia.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic