OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Crystal Beach, TX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Beach, TX
    Posted: August/01/2017 at 20:05
My wife, daughter, and I spent the weekend at Crystal Beach, TX (on the Port Bolivar Peninsula, just north of Galveston) with my wife's folks, sisters, and my nephews this past weekend. Here are some random photos I took while riding the ferry between Galveston and Port Bolivar, and riding my Kawasaki Teryx along the beach. No rhyme or reason for the photos, just random shots.

Edited by RifleDude - August/01/2017 at 20:27
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 20:14
My nephew, playing a game they created that they call "Ninja Ball," about to jump over my daughter's back...

My daughter, showing me she found a shark's tooth...

My younger nephew, driving my UTV for the first time. He was scared of it at first, but once he got going, he thought it was the coolest thing ever, as you can see from his facial expressions...

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 20:19
Nice... My wife might like the beach... I'll have to ask her and sea. If she dose we need to plan a trip with us and y'all and KB and his Lady... Might can get some other OT fellows to join too, but first need to see if my wife likes the beach..
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 20:34
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Nice... My wife might like the beach... I'll have to ask her and sea. If she dose we need to plan a trip with us and y'all and KB and his Lady... Might can get some other OT fellows to join too, but first need to see if my wife likes the beach..

Yeah, based on what I know, that may take some hardcore arm twisting and bargaining to get her to consider a beach trip, Brando! I've never seen someone so anti-beach!

My wife's family rents the same beach house every year there on Crystal Beach, and have been going every summer for the past 30 years, except for the year my wife and I got married and the year Hurricane Ike wiped out most of the beach houses down there. The photo of the shrimp boat in the "recreation" thread was taken at the boat dock near a restaurant we always go eat dinner at called "The Stingaree."
Ted

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 22:08

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I thought she lived at the beach and you get to visit sometimes...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2017 at 22:42
Not sure how far into Houston you go but check out the Battleship Texas and eat at the Monument Inn right at the Lynchburg Ferry.  You won't be disappointed. 

I live about 40 minutes from Galveston and go there quite often.  Sometimes I even forget to "stop and smell the roses" even though I'm there to relax.  It looks like you all had a great time and took some great pictures and got great memories. 
Stamp collecting since 2015
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2017 at 04:50
Great pics Ted!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2017 at 06:35
yes KB if it were up to her I would be a cabana boy instead of a yard guy.... Sooner or later we will live on a beach somewhere.

This was the night and day view last 2 weeks for us. We went to Pawleys island. we meet her family there every year and have a family vacation.well we meet them for 2 years at the beach then 1 year at the mouse trap in Orlando. There from Nc so it about half way on the beach trip..

Sunset of the back deck

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2017 at 09:16
Nice pics, Teddy!!!
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic