OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

RC's and Rifledude's next rifle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nralifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2017 at 05:39
Sure looks that way. Was at SHOT in 2015. Saw how Nosler was stealing the Dakota proprietary line of cartridges from Remington who owns Dakota.  Nosler's 33, 30 and 28 are virtual copies of the 330, 300 and 7mm Dakota cartridges.  I pointed that out to Remington's head of marketing and he just stared at me blankly. With management like that they are toast. I am a huge fan of the 330 Dakota. We developed the 338 ICBMs and Bulldozers mostly using that cartridge. It is perfect cartridge for any big game in the world. Has greater power than the 375H&H and excellent for shooting dangerous game up close and Plains game, out to as far as you feel comfortable shooting yet off the bench felt recoil is similar to a 16 ga shotgun

The quality of their guns has suffered while Savage and Ruger have tried to make their production rifles shoot almost as well as the custom makers. Remington's bankruptcy his is not a surprise.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. TR
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2017 at 05:40

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Wha'd he say???

Image result for y6b 2-8-8-2

If you're into trains, watch "Risky Business"...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2017 at 05:43
Originally posted by nralifer nralifer wrote:

Sure looks that way. Was at SHOT in 2015. Saw how Nosler was stealing the Dakota proprietary line of cartridges from Remington who owns Dakota.  Nosler's 33, 30 and 28 are virtual copies of the 330, 300 and 7mm Dakota cartridges.  I pointed that out to Remington's head of marketing and he just stared at me blankly. With management like that they are toast. I am a huge fan of the 330 Dakota. We developed the 338 ICBMs and Bulldozers mostly using that cartridge. It is perfect cartridge for any big game in the world. Has greater power than the 375H&H and excellent for shooting dangerous game up close and Plains game, out to as far as you feel comfortable shooting yet off the bench felt recoil is similar to a 16 ga shotgun

The quality of their guns has suffered while Savage and Ruger have tried to make their production rifles shoot almost as well as the custom makers. Remington's bankruptcy his is not a surprise.

They are still shooting THOUSANDS of rounds of ammo every day at their range close to my house.  Have not been down to talk to any of them recently, but will try to by next week.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
nralifer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nralifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2017 at 20:34
Remington is not bankrupt yet, but they are having trouble servicing their debt. 

Big Gun’s Big Fail

A secretive Manhattan billionaire’s dreams of creating America’s foremost firearms empire.

By 
nralifer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nralifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2017 at 17:29
The Semprio would be good for those European driven Hog hunts. That forward pump action sort of melds with the recoil. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic