OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Unertl tube sight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unertl tube sight?
    Posted: January/14/2018 at 10:13
I have a 3/4 Diameter and 17 inch long Unertl sight. What is the proper name for this sight or scope? I have heard term tube sight but I'm not sure. Also: Whats the value of this sight? Its in minty condition and has the mounts(middle mount has adjustments) and ready to be mounted on a gun. Thanks!
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2018 at 10:47
either "sight tube" or "tube sight". No lenses, no magnification, that is what you have? About $100-300, depending on model. Some have replaceable reticles and are worth more.
The two sets of rings, rear with external adjustments, i have seen for $200, if complete with all the mounting hardware, recoil spring, etc.
Some people want them with clicks, some without. 
Scopes with magnification and mounts go for $800 and up if in good shape.  
johnnyo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2018 at 14:48
Thanks! This tube sight just has a small hole in the end that looks like it could be screwed out and replaced with a bigger or smaller hole if desired. It doesn't have a recoil spring but it does have all the mounting hardware and the external adjustment knobs that adjust side to side and up and down. I was thinking around the $300.00 range in price. I saw another Unertl tube sight like this bring $375.00. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic