OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SHOT 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2018 at 16:07
I'd say mid price range is $500'ish -$1000'ish street price.

Currently looking at VX 5HD and Trijicon Accupoint. If the Accupoint had a locking CDS type turret I'd have already bought it. I like everything about the Trijicon but have this feeling that I need a CDS. 
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2018 at 17:13
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Related image

Double your pleasure double your fun!!!!!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2018 at 09:12
Who is coming out with a 224 Valkyrie rifle.  I know JP is (have one on order), Savage and have heard rumor that Seekins is as well.
BigGameBalls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2018 at 09:24
As far as guns I'd be interested in hearing about the Gorilla Firearms GF-10 Lightweight Battle Rifle. I've been wanting an AR is 308 for a long time but have been waiting for more lightweight options to come out. Wondering how it handles and balances. 
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2018 at 09:48

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Anything specific from Leica and Trijicon that you are wondering about?

I am going to visit everyone who makes an optic, but the things I look at may be different from what you want to find out about.

ILya

You know me, hunting. The latest news on rangemasters/ range bino combos, traditional binos, rifle scopes – any changes with the ER (rebranded Visus) line up.

Thanks ILya!

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2018 at 14:26
+1 on the Thermal imaging.  Not ready to make the high priced jump but looking at things in the Sig Echo 1 to ATN Thor HD realm (~$2K)
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2018 at 10:37
Originally posted by Marine24 Marine24 wrote:

Who is coming out with a 224 Valkyrie rifle.  I know JP is (have one on order), Savage and have heard rumor that Seekins is as well.

Hope you post a review on your new JP and the 224 Valkyrie when you get them.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2018 at 15:38
I am looking forward to a first hand observation off the new 3 lug action from ARC
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2018 at 12:59
Sounds like NF has 2 new 1-8 variables. 
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2018 at 13:54
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Originally posted by Marine24 Marine24 wrote:

Hope you post a review on your new JP and the 224 Valkyrie when you get them.

Absolutely.  I opted for their SCR-11 just to try their side charge system.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2018 at 06:01
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

I am looking forward to a first hand observation off the new 3 lug action from ARC

yes please!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2018 at 20:05
Anything to report yet?
Whitefire View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitefire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2018 at 17:18
I hear thru the grapevine that Meopta has an alpha glass binocular in the works. If convenient please check into it... Thanks Ilya
May His face shine upon you and give you peace.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2018 at 09:57
Isn't the meostar HD already alpha glass? 
graywolf.260 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graywolf.260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2018 at 14:43
I'd be interested in your impression of the quality of the new Zeiss V4, especially the 6-24x50. Thanks

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2018 at 22:44
Originally posted by graywolf.260 graywolf.260 wrote:

I'd be interested in your impression of the quality of the new Zeiss V4, especially the 6-24x50. Thanks

I did not like V4 or V6. I think Zeiss'is slowly trying to commit suicide without recent scope efforts.

ILya
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2018 at 09:44
I saw Walther is offering the PPS M2 with a Shield RMSc on it. That'd be awesome if it were on the Classic. The M2 is a ****.
Whitefire View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitefire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 11:44
Originally posted by BigGameBalls BigGameBalls wrote:

Isn't the meostar HD already alpha glass? 

Pperhaps I should say a new class of alpha glass. And it's only thru the grapevine, that's why I ask.
Wf
May His face shine upon you and give you peace.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 14:04
What I heard is Meopta is drastically reducing the prices on their binos. Meostar 10x42 HD is going to retail for $999 now. Meopro HD 10x42 was going to be $499. I heard they also are introducing a new 8x bino in their Meostar HD not sure if it's the 32 that you can only currently get as the cabelas model or if it will be a larger objective.

With those retail prices assuming that the binoculars are unchanged you will absolutely never find a better binocular for the price unless you are looking at a big sale or clearance item. 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 15:28
I got my cabelas meopta 8x32s for $500 on a big sale they had.  They are fantastic, I don't think I will ever even get anything close for that kind of money
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic