OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***THE OFFICIAL OT WHISK(E)Y DRINKERS THREAD***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

***THE OFFICIAL OT WHISK(E)Y DRINKERS THREAD***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 47>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2018 at 07:08
Thanks guysEmbarrased
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2018 at 07:41

Never knew that a pro wrestler with championship heritage could put up with you for so long Lynn...... must be fate!

happy anniversary buddy.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2018 at 08:22
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Never knew that a pro wrestler with championship heritage could put up with you for so long Lynn...... must be fate!

happy anniversary buddy.

She didn't. She thinks it's an endurance challenge and she refuses to quit.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2018 at 14:35
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

This is not going to be terribly popular, but while I generally like Glenmorangie whiskys, their Sherry finished stuff is just not great.

Try sherry finished Kilchoman and you will understand.  

I think my tastebuds kind of agree with you here. I do like Lasanta, but if I'm going for a sherried scotch, I tend to prefer something a bit bolder, darker/richer than Lasanta. Lasanta is more subdued on the sherry, while still retaining the floral/vanilla/citrus flavors of their Original, per Glenmo's intent. In fairness, it's more of Glenmo's answer to, say Balvenie Doublewood 12 or Aberlour 12, where it attempts to combine the characteristics of both ex-bourbon and ex-sherry oak. I generally like these multi-cask offerings, but I tend to prefer a stronger sherry taste. I do think Lasanta is a better alternative to Balvenie Doublewood 12, being richer flavored. The latter is a bit too "watered down" for my taste. It's been awhile since I had some Aberlour 12, so I don't know how I'd compare it to Glenmo Lasanta, but I do recall I did prefer it to Balvenie DW12. I do have some Aberlour 18 in the cabinet, and I think it's superb, one of the best of the "double cask" single malts I've tried. 

Macallan 12 is more my style among the 12 year old Speysiders if I'm wanting sherry, as it's an exclusively sherry cask whisky. However, I don't think it's a very good value for what you get, being something like $25 more expensive than the Glenmo 12s. 

Based on Kilchoman's peat phenol level and description, the sherried versions sound like it might have a similar flavor profile to, say, HP12, which is one of my favorite 12 year olds. I've yet to find some Kilchoman in my local stores, or I'd sample some this weekend. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2018 at 14:42
Lynn to you and the red head 🥂.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2018 at 14:58
Lynn, happy anniversary to you and your bestie.  Cheers
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2018 at 20:09
Image result for johnny carson monologue

" Eduardo will probably sample some Cruzan rum this weekend and several six packs of Carta Blanca...."    

Related image

" He may have to drive somewhere...." 

Image result for audience laughing

Image result for audience laughing

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2018 at 04:46
A light weekend huh?
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 05:28
Valentines pressie from my good lady was some 12yo Glenfiddich!

Yummy!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 07:13
The restaurant didn't have Rare Eagle, but it did have Buffalo Trace, so that had to do. Quite tasty too.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 08:22
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

The restaurant didn't have Rare Eagle, but it did have Buffalo Trace, so that had to do. Quite tasty too.

Sounds a good evening BF!
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 08:32
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 09:05
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Maybe that's because you called it "Rare Eagle" instead of "Eagle Rare," perhaps?Wink

Eagle Rare is Buffalo Trace whiskey that spends more time aging in the barrel. Both start out as the same whiskey.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 09:30
Eagle Rare wasn't listed on the drink menu, just the Buffalo Trace.
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 10:24
I used to drink Scotch as favorite drink, but for some reason my "taste" has changed and now  (hate to say) Rum has taken over. Sorry guys but thats the way it is.

Reading this thread i have wondered nobody mentioned Bowmore??? 
My favorite from Bowmore used to be Bowmore Darkest aged on sherry casks, (i think it was 15 years) but very round in taste, they make other interesting drams as well. 

My wife once gave me a very special bottle for my birthday. It was a 1975 Ardbeg, the last year on the old distillery. Some told me to keep it as an investment, but my i was curious and opened the darn thing… My my my…. That was a special rare dram and i enjoied every drop.

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 10:36
I still have some of the fun stuff in the closet WinkWink

Edited by Claus - February/15/2018 at 10:41
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 11:07
Claus, I'm not so far away. I have a couple of friends in Denmark. I'll come help.

Scrummy
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 11:31
' knew I could count on ya' WinkWinkBig Smile

Whenever you are ready.HowdyHowdy

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 20:05
Image result for cruzan rum

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 20:06
Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 47>
  Share Topic