OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

School Shooting Florida

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School Shooting Florida
    Posted: February/14/2018 at 16:43
Visit the Ed Show
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2018 at 19:54
sad situation for sure
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 06:36
Bad deal to be sure. I suppose the knee-jerk crowd will be harping on the AWB again. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2018 at 18:29

Image result for society gone to hell

This COUNTRY has Gone To Hell........thanks, Liberals.......

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2018 at 09:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2cXChSsd2k

I like this guy,
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2018 at 14:47

Trump renews call to arm educators in wake of school shooting

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Thursday renewed his call to allow armed educators in schools in response to last week’s deadly shooting at a South Florida high school, and suggested gun-toting teachers be eligible for bonuses.

In a series of Thursday morning tweets, and during a roundtable discussion on school shootings at the White House hours later, Trump offered several proposals to curb the nation’s rising number of mass shootings. The president said he supports raising the age requirement to purchase guns to 21 — a proposal opposed by the National Rifle Association — and called for “hardening” the perimeter of schools to prevent shooters from entering with a gun. Trump also said he planned on pushing for “comprehensive background checks with an emphasis on mental health.”

“I want my schools protected, like I want my banks protected,” Trump said in his second session on school safety in two days at the White House

At the meeting, attended by the mayor of Parkland, Florida, where 17 students and teachers were shot to death on Valentine’s Day at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Trump defended his recommendation to arm America’s schoolteachers. Trump’s suggestion, made a day earlier at a listening session with students from Douglas High School and others affected by past school shootings, was widely criticized by teachers and some lawmakers, who argued educators already face enough pressure and would be outmatched by unruly shooters.

“I don’t want teachers to have guns. I want certain highly adept people — people that understand weaponry, guns,” Trump said, adding that if prospective shooters knew there “are people in the building with guns, you won’t have — in my opinion — you won’t have these shootings.”

The president said teachers trained to hold a gun permit and carry a gun should receive “a little bit of a bonus,” and estimated that between 10 percent and 40 percent of educators would likely be willing gun-permit holders. He later said he would support providing federal funding to train teachers.

Asked how the Trump administration planned on paying for the bonuses — whether through federal funding or by requiring states and school districts to pick up the tab — White House deputy spokesman Raj Shah said the proposal “hasn’t been fleshed out.”

The president’s support for firearms at schools was denounced by the country’s two largest teachers unions. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew in a statement said, “Teachers should be marking papers, not being trained in marksmanship.” National Education Association President Lily Eskelsen García said, “Our students need more books, art and music programs, nurses and school counselors; they do not need more guns in their classrooms.”

At Thursday’s meeting, Trump expressed concern over the active shooter drills that schools across the country practice, calling the drills “a very negative thing,” that could scare students. He noted that he would not want to tell his own son Barron, 11, “you’re going to participate in an active shooter drill.”

“I don’t like it. I’d much rather have a hardened school,” Trump said.

While the NRA has previously embraced the idea of arming schoolteachers, the group also has pushed back against Trump’s call to raise the age requirement for gun purchases. The president told reporters on Thursday he did not foresee a battle with the powerful gun lobbying group.

“I don’t think I’ll be going up against them. I really think the NRA wants to do what’s right. I mean, they’re very close to me, I’m very close to them . . . They love this country. They’re patriots. The NRA wants to do the right thing. I’ve spoken to them often in the last two days, and they want to do the right thing. They’re going to do the right thing, I have no doubt in my mind.”

The morons who oppose armed teachers and coaches would rather take guns from all "law abiding" people assuming that it magically disarms criminals. Idiots!!!!!

Some of the teachers and coaches would have gladly stepped up and dropped that dirt bag. If nothing else one shot back in his direction would have sent him scrambling for a safer place to be. These idiot liberals aren't capable of thinking in the "first person" in a real life/death situation. They can only tell everybody else how "they" should live in the "first person".

Stop the world!! I want to get off...................................

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2018 at 15:49
Guns aren't going anywhere.  All these libs think they will just magically go away if they make a new law.  They don't comprehend exactly how or who is going to take all those guns away.  350 million guns are just going to disappear overnight.  It would be up to local sheriff/police departments going door to door trying to take them, and many of them just wouldn't do it.  And those that did would be in unending firefights with the gun owners.  The libs obviously have not thought this through at all.

I flat out asked my sheriff once if they would confiscate firearms.  He told me no, they would not follow that order. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2018 at 06:33
In my club there is a librarian, and a school teacher. I have seen both shoot. The teacher is slow, but deliberate. The librarian is fast and accurate; in fact, he has beat me many a time in matches. I would have no problem with either one of them being armed in a school. I would pity the fool who came up against that librarian.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2018 at 07:13
I know several CCW teachers around here that would do just fine in that regard. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2018 at 09:02

One of their stupid arguments is, "teachers have enough responsibility as it is. Don't burden them with more." Idiots!!! The teachers and coaches who would qualify to carry generally see the care and protection of their students as a primary responsibility and would gladly do whatever it takes to defend them. When I was a soldier in combat I didn't feel burdened with the tasks and duties assigned to me. They were part of me. I couldn't not do any of them because I didn't feel like it or like what was going on. That would have made me feel ashamed and unworthy of my position.

Liberals want to portray gun owners as blood thirsty careless trigger happy nuts. But when they ever come under fire they are useless victims who wonder why someone wasn't their to prevent their "terrible experience".

I want to ask a group of them, "How many here believe that at some point there will be another school shooting?"  And after all of the raise their hands I want to ask, "which one of you believe that if you had access to all necessary data you could identify the next shooter to attack a school?" If they were honest (Not likely) none of them would raise their hand.

With that data you could build a list of potential shooters but a given profile does not assure any certain individual will carry out an attack. So, with that data you would likely have a list that represents just under 2% of the countries population. That 2% would represent about 80K people in the country. Now what percent of that 80K "will" actually carry out an attack? I estimate less than 1%, in fact it is less than 1/2 a percent.

Now I'd ask them, How many here (having given it serious thought and research) believe that you could implement a plan that would discourage or prevent with 95% certainty that a shooter would not attack your school of choice. There would probably be 6 or 10 that would give a real thought out response. Then I could reply with a proven plan that would be easy to implement.

Terrorist and domestic trash like the shooter in Florida are all cowards and opportunist. They look for soft targets in every instance. If every school would train qualified teachers, coaches and staff to be "designated marksmen" and posted in and outside their schools that "This facility supports and employs Designated Marksmen". That would turn away 98% of that less 1/2% of that profile list. And on that small % that would dare to attack anyway. Odds are good that they would be stopped almost immediately.

Why isn't the NRA, Fox news and our stinkin congressmen making this case every day at every opportunity. Its common knowledge, common sense and proven effective.

Now I'm mad again.................Going outside to get my mind off it.

Salute

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2018 at 10:38
List of school districts that do allow teachers to be armed. And I know this list is not complete. A school near where I live does as well and it isn't on the list.

And I can't help but wonder if a lot of the popular kids are helping to create  their own problem. Since it seems a large number if not all were ostracized and bullied by the other kids. If these popular kids would just be nice and include these socially challenged kids. Things would be much better.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/02/26/heres-a-list-of-school-districts-that-already-allow-teachers-to-be-armed-n2454454
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2018 at 21:29

A nice sentiment but with no moral compass anymore, unattainable.

urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2018 at 09:40
I read all these things over the web, and can't help but think people are distracted by sensational aspects without seeing what is directly at hand. These shooters are produced by the school system. People seem to forget how horrible making it through public school to graduate really is. 

You take a white boy, who is more likely to have some influence by honorific culture and throw him in a system that is built to beat him down. Just being a boy in a modern public school classroom puts the kid at odds. First thing is acting like a boy means you are labeled as having ADHD. Get him started on the drugs ASAP. No, it's just boys being boys. But, hey, "No child left behind!"

Then when academics become clearly not for him and he starts to act out because of resistance to the square whole he is being hammered into then you can have a real problem. But, we have a non-arrest policy!

So, you've got a young man who was never fit for school and should have been allowed to follow an alternative path, but they drugged him, browbeat him and did nothing to curtail violent tendencies. And in a widespread hysterical delusion, they refuse to protect the other students from him. Gun free zones!

These shooters are kids who should have been left behind, who should have been allowed freedom to either succeed on their own or been arrested and jail, and should never have been made to hate in a place with no protection from violence.

And this is somehow a gun issue? Somehow guns are supposed to cause or correct this colossal failure of delusional progressives in schools and parents and tax payers absent from school board meetings? This is about the operation of schools appropriate for children, not the quasi-prisons we run as high schools.

The thing about these debates that astounds me is the utter lack of any ability to discuss the real issues. Everyone turns it into a battle over disarmament instead of focusing on the welfare of students. How about operating a school as a school, as a place for nurturing and learning? How about doing so while offering security without making our school prisons with armed guards and security checkpoints? How about not sending our children to an educational jail everyday?

Check this out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dogs-in-classrooms-at-these-private-schools-pets-are-all-over-the-place/2015/10/01/5fe712ea-6169-11e5-b38e-06883aacba64_story.html?utm_term=.d6bb454a97fd

Now consider what would happen if you, armed with a semi-automatic rifle, were charged by several trained German Shepherds at the same time. I did. I sent the following to our people in Washington.

Please investigate using alternative means of securing schools, other than guns and security checkpoints. Please look into using guard dogs, as offered by a group such as the non-profit K9s4KIDs (http://k9s4cops.org/kids/).

Schools should be places of nurturing and learning, not a quasi-prison with armed guards and security checkpoints. Do we really want to send our children to jail every day? Dogs are currently in use in schools as service animals, comfort animals and teaching aids. In fact, comfort animals were sent to the school in Broward county after the shooting. Why weren’t differently trained dogs present before the shooting when they could have stopped it?

Instead of having teachers train to use guns, offer incentives to maintain and train German shepherd.  We offer extra pay to football coaches. Why not dog coaches?

Below are links related to dogs protecting kids and their use in schools. The story on Rex the German shepherd defending his teenage owner is a poster-dog for how these animals can save kids lives.

http://people.com/pets/comfort-dogs-parkland-florida-school-shooting/amp/

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/19/education/dog-gone-good-listener-gets-orrington-kids-to-read/

https://theeducatorsroom.com/therapy-dogs-schools/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/patches-crossing-guard-dog-fired-school-district/story?id=33486683&cid=share_facebook_widget

https://thebark.com/content/dogs-elementary-school

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/25/video-hero-german-shepherd-shot-beaten-defending-teenager-home-invaders/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/1106/School-safety-Use-guard-dogs-not-guns

Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2018 at 15:05

Interesting perspective. Probably would work in the sixties. Unfortunately we've got layers of dysfunctional programs and problems. Initially this countries fundamental basis of education was Christian or Bible based. The core of morality that 1. has been banned. Then in the early days of political correctness 2. it became impossible to fire incompetent teachers and staff. Along with that, desegregation 3. forced bad policy and corruption in districts throughout the country. And now the last 3 or 4 generations are 4. Progressively anti-social due to the social network. And those same generations are 5. now bankrupt in moral conscience, desensitized from gratuitous bloody entertainment in TV, Movies and games. Now mix in the pot the saturation of our population and schools aliens (legal and not) 6. who have an agenda or are puppets of those with an agenda to bring this country down from the inside.

The sooner that everyone realizes that there are and always will be murders in the population. The sooner we can focus on doing what has to be done. God told us quite clearly “In the last days things will wax worse". You can make things better in any space for a short time but it will not last. The government of this country is corrupt beyond repair. I am convinced that God gave us Trump because we as the Body prayed because we woke up and saw what was coming if hillary got in. Because we prayed we are going to catch a short break and then it is going to go south all over again.

This age is about to come to a close and the body will be caught up out of here. After that there will be no more "Grace" on the earth. The Kingdom Gospel with resume and the tribulation will commence.

Until that day everybody will do well to accept the fact that corruption is going continue and we are going to have to do all we can to keep what liberty and freedom we can. The only sure way to protect our kids and ourselves is to defend our rights to be the first line defense.

I heard one of the lib mouths say the other day that arming school teachers and staff would challenge or invite attacks. BS He watches too much TV. History has proven repeatedly that terrorist and cowards choose soft targets. The libs want to make the country soft.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2018 at 15:31
There are NORMAL people and there are idiots. Sadly, us Normal people will soon pass away, leaving only idiots. 

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2018 at 12:14
GOOD THING EDUARDO ISN'T NORMAL....  Smoking Bandit
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2021 at 10:31
Unfortunately the Lefties, who seem to be running the public schools, are teaching racism and intolerance and violence and are sanctioning cancelling anything NORMAL. The kids don't have a chance!

It's up to the parents to do the job...just like yesterday's parents did with us. And my parents took us to church, too. 
Visit the Ed Show
Christinetipton View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christinetipton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2022 at 08:00
Yeah, unfortunately this is still happening today, very drastically, I don't even know how to proceed in such cases.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2022 at 08:13
Quite an interesting assortment of troll fodder in this thread.  Tread cautiously and lightly...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2022 at 19:33
I think Homeschooling is really going to EXPLODE. Meghan homeschools her little boy. He's a freaking genius. He's almost eight.   
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic