OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold RX-I, RX-II Instructions Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold RX-I, RX-II Instructions Update
    Posted: September/13/2006 at 09:36

RX I & II INSTRUCTION UPDATE

There has been some confusion related to using the Clear Field function on the RX-I’s and RX-II’s.  To toggle Clear Field, you do NOT push the Power/Set button and the mode button simultaneously (as inferred by the instructions); you need to hold the Power/Set button, and then press the Mode button.

To reduce confusion, the printing on the unit will eventually be changed to “While holding Power, press Mode to toggle Clear Field”

No change will be made to the RX-III and RX-IV printing as either method will effectively toggle Clear Field.

Leupold Laser Rangefinders

kampers View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kampers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2014 at 18:59

I've had the Leupold RXII for some time now and I'm not sure what is suppose to happen when I use the ""Clear Field" mode.  Mine does not seem to work. Nothing is changing in the screen that I can see.

I tried this using the advanced mode and the Quick Start Mode and can't see any difference in the views. 

Am I doing anything wrong? Or is my unit defective?

Also when I'm using TBR Rifle and ABC or any ballistics mode I can't see any difference in the range readings. LOS is the same as the TBR distance in the range finders view.  I can't figure out why the LOS is not a longer distance as it used to be a year or so ago.  Is my unit broke? 

I'd like to understand what's happening and find out if I've got a setting wrong or if I need to just go buy a new Leupold RX1000i unit with TBR on it. 

Regards,
Kampers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic