OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Firearms for Us Peasants!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 65>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2019 at 18:53

STEN MK II submachinegun.png

More History while we're at it.....the STEN gun....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sten

Image result for sten guns in movies   Image result for sten guns in movies

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 03:56
The Sten, not so much a firearm as a poor piece of plumbing! 
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 10:16
The Bren gun is a fantastic weapon in it's class as a squad automatic weapon (SAW), and other than weight, it beats the 1918A2 BAR hands down.

The Sten gun is an interesting submachine gun that defines cheap and durable, but not because it was designed to be durable. It's just hard to wear out a pipe and chunk of steel.

I have an interesting story about a Sten gun.
I was searching a house with a detective from another Dept. looking for a possible murder victim. I opened a door to a closet and saw the buttstock of a Sten sticking out of some towels. I showed it to the detective, and we thought it was interesting. Then somewhere else in the house I found a barrel, and then a partially loaded magazine somewhere else. We knew there was a receiver somewhere in the house; we had everything else, so we started looking for it. We had looked all through the house and were in the basement standing under a HVAC duct. The detective looked at me and said, "Now if I was a Sten gun receiver where would I hide". He then reached up over the duct without looking and pulled out the receiver. We collected all the parts, assembled the gun, and marveled at how simple it was. We turned it over to the ATF, and never heard anything about what happened after that.
Oh, and just in case you want to ask, we had a signed consent to search, and there was no murder victim, but the suspect tried to shoot up a small city PD headquarters because one of the officers was diddling his wife, and he got caught. He was going to use the Sten gun but Sten magazines aren't known for their reliability, and his fell in the wont work category.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 10:53

Very true buddy, it works for what it was designed to do but they are still rather “agricultural”

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 12:11
Excellent
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 13:13
Ed's excited because we're talking Agricultural without mentioning shoveling manure.... Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 14:30

Image result for comedian don rickles

" When budperm's around we always have to shovel manure! "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 19:04
Image result for pile of horse poo

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 19:05
Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 19:07
Related image

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 06:37
Hmmmm, never seen a side throw spreader.... I've only seen rear throwers....  
On that note my brother-in-law had a 10 ton dually truck with a spreader on the back.
He swapped the hydrualic lines around and it was like turbo charging the spreader.
He could spread the entire load in a single pass.  It tripled the throw distance of the manure.
He was happy cause once he found his happy speed for the truck it took him about half as long to manure a field.

You didn't want  to be within 100 yards of that thing when it was throwing or you would get covered..... 
Mouth Taped Shut
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 09:32
MAN! We go from classic full autos to super sh!t throwers in less than 5 post.

No wonder Ed picks on you Bud.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 12:34
THANKS!!!  Cool  Smile
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 12:52
.....budperm.....one hundred yards in all directions......       Stare
Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 14:17
Well they're not for peasants, but I've been reading up on the Thompson submachine guns a lot lately, and have learned much.
Basically there are 5 variations of the original Auto Ordinance Thompson, but Col Thompson only had anything to do with the first 2. He had retired, and the company was taken over by a new investor when WWII started and the next 3 versions came out to fill war needs.
It always has been, and still is an expensive subgun.
Oh, and just to piss off my compooter spell checker, the word submachine gun was coined by Col. Thompson. The Europeans called them machine pistols.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 14:23
Yes....and the Limeys call 'panties' "Knickers".......   Bucky
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 14:24
Related image

" Whatever...."  

Image result for crowd laughing animated gif

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 14:25
Related image

" As long as they come OFF!! "  

Image result for audience laughter

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 18:44
Related image

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 19:17
1886 Winchester?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 65>
  Share Topic