OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

After much consideration - I hate Glocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 10:33
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Let me know on the red dot, that would be simplest for me, probably.

Or I need to find a plate for an RMS

The romeo is still holding up will.   The only complaint I have is turning it on.... takes to much time but it does have a rear cut out that acts as a rear sight built in so I do have the ability to grab and aim but not with the red dot on...... I'm tempted to leave it on and see how long battery last but just haven't yet.  I think  you'd like it.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 18:13
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Hey RC, do you have a holster for your M17 yet, and what did you get if you do?

Milt Sparks Executive just arrived, and I do love their work.

M17 in a Milt Sparks.

And it hugs close enough to maybe work under lighter clothing, just like my other beloved Executive does.

I highly, highly recommend.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 21:50
I really like the Nexus with magnetic closures. 

If you can treat yourself to a 55BN belt holster sometime, it is an old Bruce Nelson design and an exceptionally fast holster, I have one for 1911.   I had one Bruce Nelson made for 92F/M9 that I gave one of my friends who was a Combat Engineer when he went to Iraq.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 09:16
They are among my favorite makers. I have holsters from probably 15 makers, and always come back to Milt Sparks for the stuff that will be worn often and needs to be trusted.

As for the M17 and the 365, I am exceedingly pleased. The Glocks are officially out of the rotation.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 10:52
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the manual safety version of the P365.
I've also given up on the Blade Tech holsters for carry since trying an off brand of leather holster for the P320. I'll be checking out several brands of leather holsters.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2019 at 12:56
want a leather hip holster for your P320 from Tucker Gun Leather BF?  I can send it to you for a while to use and if you like we can work out something.  Doesn't fit my X-Carry frame well. Made  for regular 320
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 15:41
Well thanks a lot to all you enablers.  I jumped on the band wagon on my lunch break and bought a p365.  They had a sale for $480 at a local store.  So I gave in finally. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 15:53
Shoot it and tell us what you think.

I am still watching for gen3 failures due to striker failure. It is indeed troubling that they are on gen3 already, but I think the worst bugs are worked out.

Famous last words, maybe.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 18:20
I’m seriously considering buying a Gen 5...
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 18:56
Gen 5.  Which gen are they on?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 19:17
waiting for a safety has me thinking....... of waiting......  but is carrying one with a safety really that smart?  both my other 'carry' pieces have safeties... and it is what I'm used to.... but is that something you want to remember to do in a crisis?    my muscle memory.... little of what I have, might look for the safety.

on my shotguns, I always hunt with it on safe.... with my right finger on it...  and when a bird flushes or presents a shot... I never "think" about the safety.   I flip it off and back on again without 'thinking' about it.
take em!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 19:25
This is not a gun that gets taken from you.

On safety vs no, it is a training thing, but if you sweep for a safety and it isn't there, memory takes over - or it does for me.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2019 at 19:28
I trained for years on a 1911. So i still sweep the safety on all my autos. Just habit. 

There is the debate for having a safety that it may save your life if someone else gets your gun.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 06:55
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Gen 5.  Which gen are they on?

Just being facetious brother. A commentary on Sig’s recent tendency to let their customers be their beta testers, quietly revising their products on the fly, all the while denying anything needs fixing.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 10:26
Safeties have advantages and disadvantages.  We will remember to use them...but will other members of your household?  

Home invaders in our town usually get shot by the homeowners.  In one tragic exception, however, a homeowner was assaulted.  His wife got their pistol. but was unable to make it fire (apparently unfamiliar with the safety).  Her husband was killed. while she stood there helpless with a gun that she could't make work!

I'm not a big believer in safeties that require a positive act other than pulling the trigger:  
1.  They are mechanical, and mechanical things fail.
2.  They are one more thing that can go wrong when seconds count and your life is at stake.
To paraphrase Bill Jordan, if somebody wants to fiddle with two safeties while I'm shooting, that means "God loves me best".
3.  Your stressed out wife or child may not remember the safeties when you are fighting for your life with a home invader.

I truly admire the Gold Cups and current 1911 models I have handled.  I do not own or carry one, however.  The reason... because I fail to  depress the grip safety enough to release it at least one out of every 5 to 10 shots when drawn in a hurry.  My failure, perhaps, but I consider it a life-threatening problem.  There is also reason (3) above.

The first and best safety is always in your head and in your gun handling practices.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 11:08
I carried a 1911 for awhile with a rubber band around the grip safety, allowing me to use it with either hand, injured or otherwise, and with a very quick grasp. At that time, life was first, safety was a distant 3rd or 4th.

But I get your point.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 14:54
I joined the ranks of the P365!  its smaller than my Shield...  we'll see how I like it Saturday.  weather is total sh*t here today and I picked up a shift tomorrow.
take em!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 15:21
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

I joined the ranks of the P365!  its smaller than my Shield...  we'll see how I like it Saturday.  weather is total sh*t here today and I picked up a shift tomorrow.

Weak, very weak. In terrible weather, with other things on your mind, that is exactly when you most need to know how it functions.

Weak, weak sauce.

Carry on.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 17:48
I've been shooting in the rain and wind for weeks and weeks... won't be able to shoot if the sun shines.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2019 at 22:29
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

Weak, very weak. In terrible weather, with other things on your mind, that is exactly when you most need to know how it functions.

Weak, weak sauce.

Carry on.

hmmmmm... never thought of it that way.  I will keep that in mind.
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic