OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Library books for bookworms...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 46>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 04:04
Winter of the World: The Century Trilogy 2 : Follett, Ken: Amazon.com.au:  Books

Well I finished this tome.....I think I need a break from serious historical political fiction.....I'm ready for DOWNTON ABBEY with nudity....    Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 04:05
The Dismal Swamp - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 676

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 04:05
Johnny Carsons New Years Eve Monologue 12-31-1987 - YouTube

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 04:07
Dig This : Johnny Carson - The Van Gogh Monologue – The King of Late  Night Television Delivers His Comic Opening with Some Inartistic Assistance  From The Audience – Broadcast On Jan. 4, 1985

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 09:54
Bullwinkle J - Moose - Mr Know It All - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images  Download

"Eduardo will now return to yesteryear....that's a real word! I heard it on The Lone Ranger!"

Amazon.com: Tarzan and the Golden Lion (Classics To Go) eBook : Burroughs,  Edgar Rice: Kindle Store

60 years ago I missed this one! I read the sequel to this in 1962. But I guess I never found this one in the drug store and never read it! So I will fix that error now!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan_and_the_Golden_Lion

Zagor e altro...: TARZAN DELLE SCIMMIE

Some bad guys in the Tarzan books return in later stories until they finally reach their grisly end.

Ick.

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 10:00
ERB Biblio 0495: Tarzan and the Golden Lion

Johnny Carson Asks For Help From The Audience to Get Through The Monologue  - 10/14/1981 - YouTube

Johnny Carson is Corrected by Doc Severinsen during the monologue on The  Tonight Show - YouTube

Johnny Carsons Monologue Has Rough Start, But Hilarious Ending 12-14-1988  - YouTube

"He must have been a Democrat!"

The Dismal Swamp - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 676

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 10:04
Johnny Carson: Hilarious Phrases Youll Never Hear, Tonight Show 1989 -  YouTube

"But, of course, he will still continue to vote..."

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2022 at 11:25
Audience in the 1960s. They are all laughing at something or someone on the  stage. Sweden 1960s Stock Photo - Alamy

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2022 at 09:50
These GIFs Will Help Take Your Eye-Roll Game to the Next Level

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2022 at 13:14
Bedford Square (Charlotte &amp; Thomas Pitt, #19) by Anne Perry

Welp I just finished BEDFORD SQUARE my first Anne Perry read. It was good.

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2022 at 15:02
The (now-Demolished) Cincinnati Library

Now I need to find another book to read

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:16
Just read Patterson's "Triple Cross" (Alex Cross book).
I found it unimpressive...the "twists and turns" in the book were EASY to figure out, no surprises... writing style was juvenile...relationships were flimsy and shallow.
Alex Cross is supposed to be a detective, criminal behavior analyst genius...didn't make it.
The two Alex Cross movies I've seen, "Kiss the Girls" and "Along Came a Spider" were much better done.  I had always thought I would go back and read the books because "the book is ALWAYS better than the movie", but I won't waste my time on another of Patterson's books...maybe I'll wait for the movie...

VERY disappointing...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:22
Amazon.com: This Time Next Year Well Be Laughing eBook : Winspear,  Jacqueline: Kindle Store

Right now I am reading Jacqueline Winspear's memoir....it's terrific, as usual.....I have to wait for her to write another episode of the Maisie Dobbs series since..... I READ ALL OF THEM!    ****CRAP!*****

She is now my Favorite Author. If you are not reading them you are MISSING OUT!   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:23

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:25
I don't waste my time reading James Patterson or Robert B Parker....I just read The Good Stuff...... Big Grin

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:33
Skeleton Man - 1st Edition/1st Printing | Tony Hillerman | Books Tell You  Why, Inc

I read the late Tony Hillerman books about the Navajo Police.....because I used to live and work up in the Four Corners where these books are based.

They're real good. Tony Hillerman taught Literature at The University of New Mexico in Albuquerque....

I've got ALL his books....but not the NEW ONES being written by his daughter....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:33

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:35
That's SHIPROCK (New Mexico) for you people who live on Venus.....

The Last Year of Obama - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 166

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:37
Johnny Carson crushes it in classic Tonight Show monologue from 1986 –  Madly Odd!

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2022 at 08:43
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

I don't waste my time reading James Patterson or Robert B Parker....I just read The Good Stuff...... Big Grin

I've had a number of people tell me how great Patterson's books are.  My tastes are different.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 46>
  Share Topic