OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sig P365 owners chime in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 15:57
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

LOL    you mean you have the same color shoes as buds favorite G-String?!?!

How would YOU know?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 16:19

Because unlike you I didn't pass out with the midgets after drinking Sambuca at the last party we all went too where Bud wore it while he did his rain dance that started all this wet season.  Nobody else got to spend any time with the midgets after you went in the back room with them and put the lock on the top of the door..... we are all still very upset with you

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 17:03
shot it again today... really like the darn thing... I shoot it well.... under nice conditions.  I need to figure out a holster now.  I prefer hip holsters... but may need to experiment some.

here is a pic of a casing from my Shield.  I would say its better, but it still has some drag,  shaped like a triangle.

take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 17:06
I did notice that the Win casings showed a bit more drag than the Rem casings I was using in my Sig.  these are all FMJ target rounds so far.  fwtw
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 17:08
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I got my 12 round mags.  Man what a difference that made for me.  It completely changed things for the good.  I can hold the gun with much more stability now and manage the recoil a bit better.  I can grip it better when starting my draw stroke.  That 1/2 of grip made a huge diff. 

I also got a Blackpoint mini wing IWB holster, it is pretty nice.  Very compact, holds the gun very tight to my body and is very comfortable.  https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/miniwing/

what was the 12 round priced at?
take em!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 17:28
$37
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 20:10

$37

not bad
take em!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2019 at 10:36
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Because unlike you I didn't pass out with the midgets after drinking Sambuca at the last party we all went too where Bud wore it while he did his rain dance that started all this wet season.  Nobody else got to spend any time with the midgets after you went in the back room with them and put the lock on the top of the door..... we are all still very upset with you

I would say, don't let me do that again, but the midgets are worth it. Especially the one with the red lips, long brown hair and eye lashes. I'm glad I took your advice, especially after your story about the bald one with the beard.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2019 at 10:49
On holsters, are you looking for belt or IWB?

On drag, I've now shot most of my small guns and they all show a fair bit. I think striker/firing pin design comes to bear greatly on longevity. Of the stuff I have shot and seen a significant drag, the G43 is the worst, and I find no complaints of broken strikers - or not many.

I too like the gun very much and am glad you like yours, having talked these up quite a bit.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2019 at 12:42
belt is all I've ever worn.  not exactly sure with IWB is, but I'm not a slim dude, so inside my pants prolly not gonna be very comfortable
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2019 at 09:13
what ammo are you guys using in your carry pieces?  And what are you using in your Home defense pieces?
take em!
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2019 at 11:20
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

On drag, I've now shot most of my small guns and they all show a fair bit. I think striker/firing pin design comes to bear greatly on longevity. Of the stuff I have shot and seen a significant drag, the G43 is the worst, and I find no complaints of broken strikers - or not many.

Talking with Sig CS and was told that firing pin has a thicker neck to it due to the primer drag that they can’t seem to resolve. And was also told that the changes were on July 2018 and newer.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2019 at 19:41
Wow... been awhile since I've shot I guess.   anyway, windier than cack here today, but I got some trigger time in anyway.  the temps are up and I put 100 more rounds down the tube, without a glove today, and no issues, it shot great and felt even better!!    I even shot some 1 handed.  I have to figure out how to adjust these sights, cause it still prints low and to the left a bit.

most of the hits were in the "zone"   but I did have 2 that were way off... not sure what I did wrong on those two.  still shooting plinking rounds, so maybe it was a quality control issue, but it could have been me too.  a flinch or something.  of the 100 I fired, I picked up 99 of the brass.  So 1 might have been me for sure.
take em!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2019 at 20:47
Shooting left may mean not enough finger on the trigger so you push it left. Low often means a slight mash. That might help
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2019 at 20:49
For that gun, I run the lighter stuff with the red filler in the cavity, they print perfectly and do the job downrange from short barrels, I hear.

For my bigger stuff, it is Federal LE or the tried-n-true hydra-shok. I know there is newer stuff, but I've seen what the do.

I have a mix of everything, but these are what I have most of. That said, I run a 9mm SBR too, that gets 147-gr Browning - something. I can look if you really care.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2019 at 21:32

Shooting left may mean not enough finger on the trigger so you push it left. Low often means a slight mash. That might help

most of the early shots were in coldish weather and I wore a glove cause it beat the sh*t out of my trigger finger (recoil I think)  Today was warmer weather and I took the glove off... seemed like I got my finger on the trigger all the way.   I will pay more attention next time out.   I need to buy carry ammo now and get a good picture of how that works and go from there.
take em!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2019 at 22:17
Before you move sights. I would have another competent shooter or two see how they shoot with it. 

I have owned between 20 and 30 handguns over the years and so far none of mine have needed sight adjustments.  Not saying it don’t happen but i think they are on much more often than off.  

I have watched lots of students in pistol classes complain their sights are off so an instructor will grab their gun and hit right where they aim. 

This chart may help some.

Edited by supertool73 - May/23/2019 at 09:17

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2019 at 08:20
ok.  it might be a recoil thing... I had a similar issue with a Taurus carry size.  I don't have issues with larger handguns, so I assumed it was the sights.
take em!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2019 at 11:13
Alrighty, in a moment of weakness, and because I didn't already have one, I broke down and bought a P365 yesterday. Mine was manufactured this month, so it incorporates the changes Sig made (but refuses to talk about) to the radius size at the base of the firing pin projection on the striker. Anyway, the P365 does have a very good trigger, very nice sights, and it was simply hard for me to ignore the black magic of a gun that's slightly smaller than a Glock 43 but offers 4 more rounds mag capacity (and 6 more in the 12+1 mag!). 

Hopefully I'll take her to the range this weekend...if it ever stops raining!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2019 at 12:00
As said on another thread here, the 365 now has a 15-round mag option. It extends significantly beyond the base of the gun, but is a good option for backup mags.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic