OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Older Swarovski EL questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peakbagger46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Older Swarovski EL questions
    Posted: February/05/2019 at 20:32
Well, I found a pair of 2009 8X32 ELs on EBay and won the auction for $830. The exterior looks great and the glass is reported to be scratch free.

I am aware these are pre Swarovision, but feel like I got a decent deal and will be able to sell them without a loss if they’re not a good fit. A new pair for over 2K is definitely not within my budget.

I am excited to try these out!! My current glass is a Meopta Meostar non HD in 10X42. Really like the glass, but I’ve found 10X to be a bit much in the aspens and oak brush chasing elk.

How good is the glass on this vintage of EL?   
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2019 at 20:46
Its almost as good as meopta glass
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Peakbagger46 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peakbagger46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2019 at 21:33
Oh, maybe I should have been looking for a meostar 8X32 instead...

Almost as good as the HD meostars, or the non hd?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2019 at 21:50
Im just messing with u.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Peakbagger46 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peakbagger46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2019 at 21:57
Got you. I certainly hope I’m not downgrading from my meostars (they are really nice though, especially since I caught them on sale for $500).
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2019 at 22:34
Meoptas are good binos. I have the standard 10x as well and the 8x32hd. The hd is a bit better in low light and looking into shadows.

I have no idea how they would compare with that swaro you bought. But i highly doubt you will be disapointed. Every swaro i have used has been excellent. In all reality if the current ones are better its likely not even noticable to most of us. Only those with the knowledge of knowing what to look for.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic