OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Binocular identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binocular identification
    Posted: March/18/2019 at 08:45
Hello,

does anyone know what a bino is this? Brand is scratched but on the bino is KOREA. Last pic is compare with ussr 12x40 tento. 

Thanks

Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/ns8LiJTw2JGaRG7e9
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 10:03
So many of the binoculars from that era look virtually the same. A great many ARE the same, sporting different names but coming from the same plant and tooling. We do know it is a Zeiss STYLE—meaning two-part body construction—and is probably a 7x50; you didn’t specify. That was the most popular aperture and magnification at the time.

Attached is a list of 1/3 of the bino manufacturers from Japan in the mid-20th century. Binoculars like the one you describe were virtually unchanged for ~40 years. Also, it could have been manufactured for 20 years ... or 3 months.

Good luck on your search.

Bill

PS I'm sorry I can't load the graphic. I have tried to load it using Foxfire, but it won't load. When I tried it again, I was told it was already loaded ... WHICH IT WAS NOT!!! Then I moved to Google Chrome. It ALSO said it was already loaded ... WHICH, ALSO, IT WAS NOT. Thus the text will be all I can send. Sorry!

Edited by WJC - March/20/2019 at 10:22
“Water, water everywhere nor any drop to drink.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
“Social media everywhere but not a thought to think.” — me

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 10:42
Bill the file could be in your file manager already.  check under your profile for it there.  If so you can post it from there. Right click the image and copy the properties link.  Put it between the following (take out the space) [im g][/img].... or email to me and I'll post it for you.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 15:19

The graphic is not really THAT important. But please tell me WHERE the “task manager” is and why the graphic didn’t post top the correct place.

If it will attach, there is another time-wasting drop-down saying the file is already attached ... when it was not. Then there’s another MINDLESS drop-down that says it is transferring “0” bytes per second. But if you leave the room for 4 hours and come back the IDIOT dropdown is still saying it’s transferring ... with NOTHING happening!  

In addition, when I get a text box, if I don’t have the curser positioned to where the PROGRAM WANTS IT, I can type until I’m blue in the face and no text will appear.

At a Mod’s request, I have switched from Firefox—which works on every other site I visit—to Google Chrome. Chrome gives me the same problems.

Am I frustrated? Yes. Am I maniacal? Not quite yet ... but I’m working on it. I don’t believe I’m the only one dealing with this thing. I think if the sponsoring company wants an Optics Talk site, they should find a tech who can fix the problem.

Finally, I find that when I post, my text starts flowing just to the right of who I’m quoting, and I have to go back and move it down SEVERAL “returns” and then remove one or two spaces from between each paragraph.

I can see problems arising from using a phone or even a tablet. But I am using a late model 27-iMac with a terabyte of memory. This should not be “rocket science.”

Please take your time in responding. But when you do, please be thorough.

Cheers,

Bill

Well, the SMALL attachment failed, AGAIN, but the program gave me MORE lines to take out, which, at this time ... I won't!

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 16:07
Bill.  Go to member control panel, file manager, then file explorer.  Every file you upload is stored there.  If you try to store something over again with teh same name it will not let you.  This may be the issue you have been having all along. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:30
Issue or not, your comments were certainly helpful. Thank you!

Now if I could just get the cursor to go where I wanted—I started this memo 3 times—life would be MUCH better. Does that mean I can get files fro there toattachto my memo? if so ... BEAUTIFUL!

Bill

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:43
Related image

" When they start talking 'download' and "IP address" I just order another drink...."   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:46
Image result for ray milland weekend bartender

" Whatever happened to phone booths and cigarette machines and juke boxes and mailboxes? "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:47

" Whatever happened to 25 cent gasoline per gallon? "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:48
Related image

" The World has totally gone to HELL! "  

Visit the Ed Show
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 20:20
When I started college in the fall of 1970, gasoline was 25 cents per gallon. Then the oil billionaires in the middle east figured out the Americans wouldn't do without their oil ... at any price. Three years later, the price had gone through the roof.

gunut View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 22:18
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

" Whatever happened to 25 cent gasoline per gallon? "  

whatever happened to bottles of liquor hidden under apples.....
gunut
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic