OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Old cars and trucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 07:12
You could actually work on those cars.....no onboard compooters....
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 07:14
Yes that is the studebaker Silver Hawk.
My dad put an 8 track player in. He only had two cassettes. Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdick.
50 years later and I still know the songs!!!!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 07:29
Excellent

Image result for 1949 buick roadmaster dynaflow

When I was a little kid my dad had a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. It was a 8 cylinder and had a Dynaflow transmission....and early automatic....

Image result for 1949 buick roadmaster dynaflow

Ours was black like this! He traded it in 1956 for a NEW Ford.... yikes...

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 07:31
First car was bought with my fiancé (soon to be wife) in 1968 and was a ‘62 Belair, straight 6, standard brakes and steering but was a two sped automatic.  Not a barn burner at 135 HP but a good reliable car although it did tend to eat brakes. Next car was a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 - cost me a lot of money in speeding tickets and tires.
God save the Empire!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 11:10
I learned to drive in mom and dad's 1961 Buick Le Sabre. I didn't think it was a very cool car then, but it was actually a great car.
I raced a friend's 1970 Chevy Nova SS in that Buick. I knew I was going to lose, but the Buick surprised both of us because I didn't lose by much.

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Challenger. It was black with a red interior and had a 340, 4BBL with a 4 speed manual. I had more fun in that car than any other car I've owned. Needless to say, I got to know more than one police officer in that thing. I even knew the few that I out ran.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 11:53
My 'ol '79 Bronco teamed up with a friend's '33 Willys (blown 327 Chevy).

Edited by mike650 - March/20/2019 at 22:49
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 11:57
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

After that I will buy a 1965 Ford Thunderbird.....

MY grandfather had one in white, I used sit in  the passenger side and shout "Go Thunderbird Go! He'd get this gleam in his eyes, then nail the gas pedal, my grandmother white knuckling it.... great memories!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 12:36
Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 12:44
Related image

We had a 1939 International on the farm. Flat head six. Maybe it would do 50 mph. After my dad moved all the furniture up to the farm ( it took him all summer...one load per weekend..) the truck was just used for running around the farm. 

Image result for 1950 chevy pickup with wooden racks

We also had a 1950 Chevy with a wooden box on it....a flatbed with solid tongue and groove sides....no tailgate...that was my manure wagon.....

Stare

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 12:57
Related image

" Before long both of those trucks had dead batteries and we had to roll them to start from then on..."  

" When Eduardo went to get gas at the little old ladie's store ( she had ONE pump sitting out front of her house and a one room convenience store inside...), Eduardo couldn't shut the truck off.....

Image result for johnny carson monologue

"....so he had to carry a rock! )

Image result for a rock under tire keeping truck from rolling

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 12:59
Image result for johnny carson monologue

" Then, after he paid his two dollars for two month's worth of gas....he knocked the rock out from the tire, grabbed it, and jumped into the truck before it rolled away...."   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 13:03
Image result for pennsylvania mountain road

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 13:07
Related image

" If you're rich you don't get to do all this fun stuff growing up! "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 18:04
Image result for 1966 olds cutlass

In 1971 I bought a 1966 Olds Cutlass....green, like this, except mine had a white top....

Related image

Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 18:07
Image result for 1966 olds cutlass interior

I had white interior like this.....two speed auto on the console with a vacuum gauge.....freakin' cool! 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:12
Related image

Mine had a console and an automatic....and AIR Thank God.....I bought it in San Antonio for $999.....OMG!!!! The fastest car I ever had! 330 c.i.d ultra-high compression V8.....4 bbl carb.....fasten your seat belt!! 

Image result for 1966 olds cutlass gif

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 19:55
Image result for 1972 olds cutlass supreme

I traded the 66 Olds in on a brand new 72 Olds Cutlass Supreme that looked exactly like this!!!  

A nice car but the 350 was not as fast as that small 442 engine!  

Visit the Ed Show
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 21:46
I Had been driving the Torino for about 7 months and was taking a new girlfriend to the movies. Was pulling out into heavy traffic when a guy in new ford pickup changed lanes and crushed the rear end of my Torino. The guy was charged for failing to yield and totaled his truck and the Torino and I heard language from that girl that had everybody there wanting to cover their ears. No one was hurt but sure hated losing my car. My Dad took the insurance money ($1,200) and found a perfect, super clean 72 Challenger. Another classic I wish I still had.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2019 at 22:39
Have you driven one of the not so new now retro Challengers, they've done a great job recreating it... all the way down to the rear window. Backing out of the driveway in one of the new rental Challengers I had flashbacks of driving my buddy's '70 Challenger throughout in high school.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 09:44
Dad had a 1953 Ford pickup. I Know he replaced the wood in the bed at least 3 times. He used it to haul everything that would fit or he could tie on it. Mostly wood for his cabinet shop and the finished cabinets to be installed, but he also hauled rock, dirt, and anything else that would fit. I was convinced he could haul the Empire State Building in that thing. He traded it for a 62 Chevy pickup.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
  Share Topic