OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

handloading vs commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2019 at 13:02
What is the reason for laying what looks like 2x4s on the side? Weight or stiffness? And how did you attach them?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2019 at 13:28
You will probably do this, but just incase.  Make sure you screw that sucker to the wall., both bottom and top of the desk all the way along it.   That will make all the difference in the world when resizing cases. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 02:57
I need a reloading bench...
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 06:46
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I told Lori that all the edges did not have to be sanded/rounded and that one coat of polyurethane was good... she just looked at me and went back to sanding...

You of all people should know her level of OCD about anything house related.... Loco  Even though you haven't been around for most of it....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 09:24
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

What is the reason for laying what looks like 2x4s on the side? Weight or stiffness? And how did you attach them?
Makes a "butcher block" type bench top, very strong... makes a great base for the loading presses.  Glued together with Loctite Power Grab Ultimate cured for 72 hours, before mounting to the bench, in the clamping system shown earlier.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 09:34
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I told Lori that all the edges did not have to be sanded/rounded and that one coat of polyurethane was good... she just looked at me and went back to sanding...

You of all people should know her level of OCD about anything house related.... Loco  Even though you haven't been around for most of it....

The only major house building projects I have not participated in are those that were done by contractors and I quit relying on contractors (except for installation of the granite countertops) when they screwed everything up after Lori broke her knees falling off the roof.  I was there when that happened and drove her to the hospital.  Then relied on contractors I thought were friends to perform some framing and roofing.  Framing I had to completely remove because they used wood instead of steel (which I had already purchased and has onsite) and way out of plumb... and the roof I've been fighting since it was installed... now have a new one.  Lori was and is my "general contractor" on the house, but I have huge hours in the actual construction... some things have been "dormant" in my absence.  We've made great progress in the short time since my retirement.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 11:58
Yeah, that"HIDDEN" Honey Do" making it's appearance....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 14:11

Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Makes a "butcher block" type bench top, very strong... makes a great base for the loading presses.  Glued together with Loctite Power Grab Ultimate cured for 72 hours, before mounting to the bench, in the clamping system shown earlier.  
Thanks Dan.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 20:43
I'm still putting everything together... completely finished the bench today (according to my wife).  So I am trying to put all the paraphernalia in the cabinets and drawers, setting up so it is easy access and makes sense.  Will post pictures soon. 
I love it.  I have a powder measuring drop down that is exactly level at eye level.  Lori came up with that on her own.  The layout is amazing.  I have so much to work with, I don't know what to do with it... But it is really fun figuring it out. 
You'll be overwhelmed...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2019 at 21:12
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Yeah, that"HIDDEN" Honey Do" making it's appearance....

It's not hidden... I know about it as soon as she needs for me to...

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 05:27
Well, at least you have the right attitude.... Smile
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2019 at 16:04
Years of intense training.. 

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2019 at 17:23

My delivery from ACME Tools arrives tomorrow... I have no doubt that any remaining issues with handloading will be resolved...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic