OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Moon Landing 1969

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moon Landing 1969
    Posted: July/20/2019 at 11:10
Image result for no stars in moon

Well, 50 years ago TODAY.....can you imagine?   

I can't remember what I was doing on that day exactly because I was not glued to the TV screen....I was living on the farm and my Dad was out driving a truck and I was simply hanging around with some buds.....

...and besides Teddy Kennedy was all over the news because of Chappaquiddick and Mary Jo Kopechne....

....anyway, I eventually found out about it...

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2019 at 11:12
Image result for full moon june 2019

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2019 at 11:25
Image result for wright brothers flight

In December 1903 the Wright Brothers fly a heavier-than-air machine under its own power for the first time in history.   It flies a few yards.    

Less than 66 years later Man lands on the moon.   

Image result for earthrise

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2019 at 20:41
I remember what we were doing 7-20-1969. We had visited my aunt and uncle in Clarksville, Tn. and drove home just after they landed on the moon. It was hot as hell that day, over 100 degrees, and we were in the 1961 Buick Le Saber with no air conditioning. Riding with the windows down was like sitting in front of a blast furnace. It was kinda like today, except a lot hotter and we didn't even have global warming yetWink We made it home in plenty of time to watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. I was glued to the TV as much as I could, until the astronauts were on the aircraft carrier.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 08:46
I was real annoyed that the moon landing knocked Teddy Kennedy off the front pages because I wanted them to hang him! 

Visit the Ed Show
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2019 at 06:51
That did not happen....there was only black and white pictures then. How come the flag and craft is in colour???
And the guys who staged it forgot to remove the electric cord that powers the spacecraft up. You can clearly see it in the picture. The film crew also left their lunchbox behind....see that white thingy at the base of the craft.
And if you look at the bottom left on the picture you can see an ant walking.

Edited by 8shots - July/23/2019 at 07:13
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2019 at 09:28
You forgot to mention the Tortoise just beyond the landing strut.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2019 at 15:24
Related image

" Are you implying the Moon Landing was a FAKE???!!! "    

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2019 at 15:29
Related image

Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2019 at 21:46
https://www.facebook.com/misty.papesh/videos/10212343297769608/
That time when Buzz Aldrin punches moon landing denier.

It was September 2002, and Buzz Aldrin, accompanied by his stepdaughter, was arriving at a hotel in Beverley Hills  where he was about to give an interview for a Japanese educational program, when Bart Sibrel showed up outside the hotel.
There is a short video on which you can clearly see that it didn’t take Sibrel long before he started his usual routine of harassing Apollo crew members, asking Aldrin to swear on the Bible. His demand appears far from polite and as you can hear in the video, he starts calling Aldrin a coward and a liar and accuses him of getting money for something he claims Aldrin didn’t do. The 72-year-old Aldrin responded by hitting Sibrel in the face.

The incident was investigated by the police after the conspiracy theorist filed a suit, but charges were dropped after witnesses told the police that Sibrel provoked Aldrin by aggressively poking him with a Bible.

Buzz Aldrin, who spent nearly 300 hours in space, is one of the most popular astronauts in history. Prior to becoming the second man to walk on the Moon, Aldrin served in the U.S. military as a fighter pilot and completed 66 F-86 combat missions during the Korean War.

As for Bart Sibrel, he needs to work much harder to prove that the moon landing was a hoax, especially since NASA released thousands of photos from the Apollo moon mission.

If it didn’t achieve anything else, harassing Aldrin might have helped him see some of the stars supposedly missing in the photos.

Git em Buzz!!! Gotta love this guy!!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2019 at 22:12
How does the flag wave in the wind where there is no atmosphere?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2019 at 07:33
The flag had a little strut that stuck out at 90 degrees....but it didn't really stick out perfectly straight, it dipped down a little....so the cloth flag drooped and was wrinkled.....
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2019 at 16:06

Image result for laurel and hardy 1953

Visit the Ed Show
Skunk View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2019 at 09:33
Of course thee moon landing was real. I was there.
Who do you think provided the fuel to launch the lunar module.
Let me give you my two scents worth
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2019 at 12:31

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2019 at 15:03
Image result for george burns

" Eduardo was fixing a broken bob-wire fence....he didn't know anything about it until two days later....."     

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2019 at 15:04
Image result for PA barbed wire fence

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2019 at 15:05
Image result for fence tool

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2019 at 15:06
Image result for shoveling manure gif

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2019 at 20:05
Image result for jackie gleason honeymooners

" ....to the moon, Alice!! "   

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic