OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Timing is everything

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 16:03
Image result for bob hope with troops

" I would have been here earlier but I stepped in some moose sh*t..."     

Image result for uso bob hope

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 21:27
Some cities have the new electric light Ed but most of us use kerosene or whale oil lamps. The lamps are better anyway ‘cause they throw more heat for those long cold nights.
God save the Empire!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 22:17
Ahhh, the Ice Review in Ottawa.  I love it.  I've got to go back someday...  Ice sculptures, frozen river that everyone skates on... good memories that need refreshing...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2019 at 06:45
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Ahhh, the Ice Review in Ottawa.  I love it.  I've got to go back someday...  Ice sculptures, frozen river that everyone skates on... good memories that need refreshing...

Can't do that anymore. Global warming put a stop to that. Haven't you watched the news?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2019 at 07:39
Yeah, now he will need to go to the equator....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2019 at 14:03
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Tell Rifledude that I've been to Ottawa!     Bucky
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2019 at 14:05
( I may have even been to Ottawa, Kansas....)   

Image result for map kansas

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2019 at 15:41
Have you ever been to Zavalla?

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2019 at 23:29
I have been to Zavalla. It is on the way to Jasper.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:11
IF you wanted to go to Jasper... I went there once... it was closed...

Just kidding, Jasper is actually a nice little town.  It's proximity to Sam Rayburn Lake makes it very active for fishing.  

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:25
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

SHE has been spending her time "F ing" up DICK's....She'll probably be the down fall of Dick's....

Stare
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:26
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Tell Rifledude that I've been to Ottawa!     Bucky

I don’t believe you Eduardo.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:37
It is possible Ted. Ottawa has been sliding downhill for a years; it could be coincidence but then........
God save the Empire!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:37
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

I can get stuff at Academy......

Just like Dick’s, Academy made a big, public virtue-signaling, lefty-appeasing announcement that they will no longer carry those “evil” AR15 “assault rifles” anymore. 

I never shopped at Dick’s in the first place because their inventory sucked and all the ones closest to me are connected to shopping malls, and I hate being anywhere in the vicinity of a shopping mall. 

I occasionally bought stuff at Academy whenever a real gun store was nowhere close by and I just needed some .22LR ammo, or I needed to buy some sneakers. 

Now, they can both go straight to hell! 
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:41
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

It is possible Ted. Ottawa has been sliding downhill for a years; it could be coincidence but then........

Hmmmm...compelling evidence.
Ted

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 07:53
I've only shopped at Dick's less than 1/2 dozen times and won't ever shop there again.  There is not an Academy very close to me, but I did buy an oil-less turkey fryer from them last Thanksgiving in Dallas.  It was a $130.00 item on sale for $25.99.  However, I won't be shopping with THEM anymore, either.  I've not shopped Target since I worked for them in 1970.  They were extreme liberal then and still are today.  Now, I'm trying to find a way to eliminate Walmart from my "places to shop".  
I tend to stop shopping with places/people that don't appreciate my business/try to tell me how I should shop and what for.  

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 10:56
For the life of me, I will never understand why corporations voluntarily choose to step out on that delicate limb and publicly express definitive political viewpoints -- for either side, especially on very emotionally charged issues. Businesses exist for one purpose and one purpose only -- to make money. Knowingly lecturing to, insulting, alienating, and pissing off half your customer base severely undermines that goal. They have a fiduciary responsibility to their investors. If I'm running a business, I want dollars from BOTH people who agree and disagree with my politics. It's all green and all spends the same. Unless your business caters to a customer base who is overwhelmingly united to a particular point of view, politics and business doesn't mix well. How hard is it to just sell your wares and STFU, you dumb@ss?! 
Ted

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 11:00
Last thing I bought from Dick's was a fold up chair with their name on it that I used at matches. I told everyone it had my name on it, so stay out of it. When Dick's went PC, I tossed the chair. It was ready for the trash anyway.

I didn't know about Academy Sports. The last time I was there was to buy 22s when they were hard to get. Shows how often I go to Academy. Guess I won't be going there any more.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 11:06
We seem to be running out of national Sporting Goods store chains..... Shocked  Cencored
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2019 at 11:19
Walmarts joined the banwagon now... no handgun ammo sales moving forward.... what a crock of chit.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic