OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Critter Cooking Café
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Simple dinner...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple dinner...
    Posted: August/31/2019 at 17:49
Marinated bone-in rib-eye (my custom marinade) 2 1/4 inches thick cooked 5 minutes/side which results in a rare to medium rare steak (I took the bone... closer to the bone the sweeter the meat... outstanding)
Spinach greens, garden fresh tomatoes, cucumber with homemade vinaigrette dressing
Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon (I AM a carnivore)

Just doesn't get any better... 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 12:37
Sounds delicious!!!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 16:09
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Sounds delicious!!!
Open invitation to partake... 
I should tell you, I've cooked bone-in ribeyes for the last 3 days.  Today for one of my twins and her boyfriend.  Fun day... we spent most of it cutting up and loading the old metal from my roof for her to put sides on her barn.  He calculated exact lengths for each of the pieces, labeled location and number on each piece we cut.  That barn is going to be enclosed in a matter of hours.  He's an air-evac EMT and a fireman.  Never been to college, just knows how to do things...  I like him.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 21:46
I’ve always admired people who can do things with their hands. Some of the smartest men I’ve known had very little formal education just an innate intelligence and could build or fix almost anything.
God save the Empire!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2019 at 22:10
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

I’ve always admired people who can do things with their hands. Some of the smartest men I’ve known had very little formal education just an innate intelligence and could build or fix almost anything.

Roger that, Dogger... Roger that...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2019 at 19:47
We've had Axis tenderloins 2 nights in a row.  My favorite.  My wife and I are following the "Keto diet" and purchased a couple of cookbooks.  Fantastic preparations.  I've never had a cookbook before that was so complete, easy and tasty.  Of course, Axis was a substitute for beef, but it is better than beef to start with.
Start with mushrooms, red/yellow/orange bell pepper, shallots and leeks, 1 clove garlic, red wine, 1/2 stick of butter, avocado oil, salt, pepper on high heat until onions just begin to soften... add Axis (venison) tenderloins... 2 minutes per side.  Serve with steamed cauliflower and broccoli.  
I could eat like this every day...

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2019 at 09:53
put a little ketchup on it!    

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2019 at 10:17
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

put a little ketchup on it!    

Heresy... he must be a witch... burn him at the stake

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2019 at 10:55
Image result for peter cushing

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2019 at 11:16
I saw that movie...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2020 at 11:40
Today is my twins birthday... cooked a Boston butt roast, well,  cooking it... it's only been cooking for 12 hours so still has a way to go.  Brined for 36 hours, but because of the rain I did not get to smoke it first, so had to add some more "taste" ingredients.  A big slug of Kentucky Bourbon with some secret spices, bourbon barrel aged maple syrup, black pepper (hand ground with mortar and pestle), a touch of dill.  It is coming along nicely... about two more hours and it will just fall apart.  The sauce tastes heavenly... according to my wife.  
Along with the roast, we are having turnip greens and blackeyed peas, again with secret spices.  
The cake is store bought... I just didn't want to bake one.
I am working up to starting to bake my own bread, but did not do that for today... we have enough carbs.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2020 at 11:47
It's almost noon....time to break out my SPECIAL STASH of expensive rum in the pantry.....

I only drink on special days....

Full Year Calendar 2020

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2020 at 11:59
Quotes about Johnny Carson (51 quotes)
Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2020 at 21:08
Carnak says "pick one, any one will do..."

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2020 at 09:36
Merry Christmas   LOL, I just knew your title was a hook!!!  I've never heard of a truly "simple" dinner being served by you... I mean why bother if you don't do it right!!!  THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is you again failed to ring the dinner bell before hand!!!! 
BAD BOY!!!  Baseball Bat
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2020 at 09:41
RIB Eye is my 1st Choice in Red Meat....  They are getting a little pricey so last go around I bought a whole NY strip @ $5.00lb  still cost $90+!  Shocked

I just rebuilt my grill with New burners and grate.  Been enjoying that again for first time in about 2 years...  I seasoned the Cast Iron grates in my oven this time around, twice!  They have a nice cured look to them now, no rust after two wet weeks...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2020 at 09:45
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

We've had Axis tenderloins 2 nights in a row.  My favorite.  My wife and I are following the "Keto diet" and purchased a couple of cookbooks.  Fantastic preparations.  I've never had a cookbook before that was so complete, easy and tasty.  Of course, Axis was a substitute for beef, but it is better than beef to start with.
Start with mushrooms, red/yellow/orange bell pepper, shallots and leeks, 1 clove garlic, red wine, 1/2 stick of butter, avocado oil, salt, pepper on high heat until onions just begin to soften... add Axis (venison) tenderloins... 2 minutes per side.  Serve with steamed cauliflower and broccoli.  
I could eat like this every day...

Yeah Right!!! Your usual 2 teaspoons or do you really need that KETO diet?  I kinda figured that was Lori's idea not yours...
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2020 at 09:46
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I saw that movie...

Ed was the stunt double...
--Thomas Jefferson

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2020 at 15:50
I trust the twins had a great birthday celebration yesterday Dan meal sounds fantastic. I gotta agree with Bud on your definition of simple. Might be simple in a Five Star Michelin restaurant but simple to me is Kraft dinner and hotdogs and sometimes that’s stretching it!
God save the Empire!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2020 at 16:19
The girls seemed to enjoy it... everyone went back for seconds...

Bud, Craig... It took me 15 minutes to combine the ingredients for the sauce, I set the oven on 145... I put everything inside tin foil in a roaster pan, let it cook 12 hours... add more seasoning and adjust temperature twice over the next 2.5 hours.
The greens and peas Lori washed while I was doing the above... another 5 minutes to season after I put the pork on, put in pans with the seasonings, in refrigerator until 4 hours before the roast was done, simmer until ready to serve.  THAT'S way easy...

Hamburger Helper is more difficult to me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic