OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vintage Rifles and Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 48>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:06
Image result for ithaca M 37 deluxe

I also like the Ithaca Model 37......( the OLD ones! ) 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:09
Related image

When I was a kid I had a 1959 Marlin Model 336......30/30.......yeah, buddy....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:12
Image result for walther KKJ

I always wanted a Walther KKJ 22 rifle.......

Image result for walther KKJ

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:17
Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:39
When I was a kid my first .22 was a BSA Martini (Model 8 I believe). For some reason I can’t seem to post pictures right now. These were commonly used for cadet training around WWII. Foolishly traded it for a semi-auto years later, although the aperture sights would not work well anymore with these older eyes!
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:43

Image result for remington 514

My first woodchuck-killing rifle was a Remington Model 514......

https://gundigest.com/reviews/gun-review-remington-model-514

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:45
When I was twelve years old I used to toss dead light bulbs up in the air and blow them away shooting this rifle one-handed......Nothing to it!!!   
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:47
Nowadays someone would probably complain that I was shooting LEAD up into the atmosphere!!!   Shocked
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:48
Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2019 at 16:51
I used to....now and then.....richochet bullets off the lake just to hear them whine!     Shocked

......but don't tell anybody!!!!      

Image result for elk lake PA

This is a real photo of the real Elk Lake in Pennsylvania......I went to Elk Lake High School a quarter of a mile from here.....

Edited by Son of Ed - December/21/2019 at 17:33
Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 01:21
Hi Ed,

Used to have an FN Trombone which is a pump action .22lr.

And I do have a 3" heavy duck Winchester M12. 1955 I think.

Scrummy

Model 12

FN Trombone

And here's a comparison of the takedown between it and the SA-22 - maybe showing a change in thinking between the 2?

ATB,

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 03:05
Image result for browning 22 rifle grade II

My wife had a Browning 22 Grade II that I got for her.....we shot a lot of rabbits with it up in Wyoming. It had super fine sights...that was the gun that used to eject hot shells down the cuff of my sleeves!   Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 03:07
( I like all of your classy furniture!! )   

Image result for hansom cab London

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 03:15
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

25 Years ago somebody very kind loaned me a Win 61 or 62 like that. For 4 years. I used it to shoot rabbits anywhere between Amarillo, Hobbs, and Lamesa, Seminole, and Snyder.
Good .22 ammo cost $0.80 or so per 50 rds, and i rarely missed.  I also got 3 hogs with it.  I kept the family supplied with meat for 4 years.  Must have  have been 800 rabbits or more. All of them cleaned and cut with a Swiss Army Knife that i still have. Wife cooked it in 100 different ways. When i left i cleaned and oiled the rifle and returned to owner.  Also sent many thank you cards to ranchers who allowed my shooting.  Some of them may be reading this. Thank you again and again.

I ate a lot of huevos rancheros in Lamesa years ago while working on a rig south of there....yummo...

Image result for huevos rancheros

....that was the restaurant that gave you huevos rancheros if you ordered Bacon and Eggs......hahahaha!!  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 03:32
Related image

Related image

" If you ordered a steak you would have got Carné Asada!    

Image result for carne asada

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 03:34
Image result for gentleman

" The cook must have been from Chihuahua, but it sure was good! "    

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 06:47
Hi Ed,

Those SA-22s are great. Tempted to try and get another one. My father used one growning up in the Kalahari as a snake rifle. Nice and accurate.

Scrummy
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2019 at 09:47
Wow....I liked living in Africa....although I was never actually in Botswana....close to it....
Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2019 at 01:47
Yeah, Botswana is lovely. Okavango is truly special
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2019 at 07:37
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

When I was a kid my first .22 was a BSA Martini (Model 8 I believe). For some reason I can’t seem to post pictures right now. These were commonly used for cadet training around WWII. Foolishly traded it for a semi-auto years later, although the aperture sights would not work well anymore with these older eyes!

If you're talking about the .22 Martini that looks and works like the Martini Henry, my brother has one. I've shot it, and it's a great rifle. I can't get my brother to trade with me for it.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 48>
  Share Topic