OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Old Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2021 at 21:02

I have to admit that back in the 50s me and my buds used to run after the pesticide truck and get in the cloud of DDT.....  Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2021 at 21:03
Johnny Carson Asks For Help From The Audience to Get Through The Monologue  - 10/14/1981 - YouTube

" Well, we never had any fleas...."    

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2021 at 06:34
And it explains a lot!
God save the Empire!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2021 at 06:38
Things we did without thinking. When I was a teenager I had a summer job working for a farmer with an orchard. My job was to spray the trees in spring with an arsenic based insecticide. But I did wear a raincoat and hat.
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2021 at 13:33
1950s Rollfast Hopalong Cassidy - This month, for Bike of the Month we  present this freshly restored 1950s Hopalong… | Bicycle, Vintage bicycles, Hopalong  cassidy

Hopalong Cassidy bicycle

1953 Rollfast Hopalong Cassidy Boys Bicycle – The Online Bicycle Museum

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2021 at 13:36
Hop a Long Cassidy bicycle decals Sammeln &amp; Seltenes scribeemr Transport

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2021 at 20:34
Vintage Kenmore Sewing Machine 117-3272 Circa 1938-1945 - $150 (Los Osos) |  Arts &amp;amp;amp; Crafts for Sale | San Luis Obispo, CA | Shoppok

When I was growing up my mom had an old Kenmore sewing machine like this. The internet says they were made by White for Sears 1938-1945. Still running like crazy in the 1960s. 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2021 at 13:16

Visit the Ed Show
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2021 at 17:59
Back in the 70s we were taken out of kindergarten and fogged with it, wether we had lice or not. 
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2021 at 17:39

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2021 at 06:00
Miss Clairol&amp;#39;s &amp;quot;Does She... Or Doesn&amp;#39;t She?&amp;quot; | Sutori

The Civil War - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 95

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2021 at 12:48
1810 cast iron barn door rollers. Myers Sure Grip, Ashland, Ohio. |  Industrial casters, Vintage casters, Vintage industrial

Oh God It Burns GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2021 at 21:14
Time Past | Vintage store displays, Soda fountain, Old fashioned

Pin on back roads   Pin on History thru photos

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2021 at 21:22
Old Fashioned Soda Fountain - Take a Nostalgic Look  

Classic BLT | Red Sun Farms

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2021 at 14:24
Passion for the Past: Early Farming &amp;amp;amp; Farm Tools From Days Gone By

When I was a kid we had an old scythe on the farm that was hand-made (maybe not the blade)...anyway, the handle was steel...it just "came" with the farm along with a whole bunch of other ancient tools....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2021 at 14:26
Old Farming Tools High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

I got stuck in an old hay rake once when I was about six years old.....   Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2021 at 14:26
Dig This : Johnny Carson - The &amp;#39;Van Gogh&amp;#39; Monologue – The King of Late  Night Television Delivers His Comic Opening with Some Inartistic Assistance  From The Audience – Broadcast On Jan. 4, 1985

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2021 at 14:30
Farm accidents: How Lancaster doctors&amp;amp;amp;#39; curiosity saved Amish kids | Local  News | lancasteronline.com

When I was about eight or nine I fell down a hay hole down to the milking parlor while playing in the haymow with my cousin....

Barn Owl Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2021 at 14:34
19th century Accidents – GOODSPEED HISTORIES

I used to cut weeds

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2021 at 06:54
Horn &amp;amp;amp; Hardart Automat, Nyc, 1959 Greeting Card for Sale by Van D. Bucher

Long ago, back in the Fifties, I remember going to the Automat and getting food out of the glass door. The last time I did this was on a class trip to New York City in the Sixties. 

Bruce Diller Verstandig on Twitter: &amp;quot;Restaurant of the Future (or the new  normal). - The Automat ... food behind a glass door ... non contact food  delivery. &amp;#39;Cause everything old is new

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn & Hardart

Selecting sandwiches at the automat! | Vintage restaurant, Vintage life,  Historical photos

Febo food attack #Amsterdam is today&amp;#39;s virtualvacay #GIF | French door  refrigerator, Kitchen appliances, Dutch                 Straightening a Dollar Bill at the Vending Machine

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic