OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Critter Cooking Café
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pork shoulder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pork shoulder
    Posted: November/20/2020 at 17:05
Easy Fall-Apart Roasted Pork Shoulder Recipe — The Mom 100

Well, I'm slowly learning how to cook meat in the oven! 

I had a small 2.2# pork shoulder. I saw a recipe so I did it.

Mix: 

1/2 cup olive oil

2 tablespoons of rosemary

2 tablespoons of black pepper

2 tablespoons of sea salt

2 gigantic spoons of minced garlic

2 huge tablespoons of Grey Poupon mustard

....rub all that on the meat.

I covered the bottom of a casserole pan with onions (two) and put the meat on top. Then I surrounded the meat with cut up baby potatoes.

The recipe said put meat in the oven at 450 degrees for twenty minutes....then lower down to 250 degrees and cook for several hours....(I did four hours)...

Anyway, it was stupendous!

The onions melted away into goop and asphalt. The meat was fantastic and the little potatoes were fantastic potato skins!!

I made instant mashed potatoes and corn to go with!!  Bucky 

Download image Cute Baby Pig Face PC, Android, iPhone and iPad ... |  Animals, Cute pigs, Baby pigs

Oh! Oh! Oh!  I forgot to mention:  

I rubbed that meat and then wrapped it loosely in Saran Wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.....about 17 hours before I started cooking it!  Bucky

Edited by Son of Ed - November/22/2020 at 10:12
Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2020 at 18:50
I cooked a Boston Butt for Lori's and my birthday dinner just last Friday... almost the same way, but I cooked longer at a lower heat... it FELL apart.  And, I used Don Shula's Steak Sauce with some "special" spices as the "rub".  A classier version of A1 sauce.  The girls loved it.  
That roast certainly looks great...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2020 at 16:46
My pork did not fall apart....I thought it was going to. Maybe I should have cooked it longer. But it was perfectly fine....it just kind of cut like a loaf of bread. But it was all brown and tasty on the outside....it was very good!  
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2020 at 10:14
RATATOUILLE | Ratatouille disney, Animated movies, Disney cartoons

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2023 at 13:24
Well the other day I did a pork loin in the crockpot. 

A couple of weeks ago I was over in Robinson (Tx) on the school bus and after I got rid of the kids I thought I would park the bus at The Big Grocery Store and get a few items so I wouldn't have to do it on the way home from the YMCA...( I hate to have to do an errand when I WANT TO GO STRAIGHT HOME!) 

So I was wandering around picking up a couple of items and I went down the aisle that had meat gravies in jars...y'know Heinz Gravy jars? 

Anyway I saw PORK GRAVY! I had never seen that before. Anyway I grabbed two jars of it.

I took a big 3.5# pork loin out of the freezer and thawed it and cut off about one third of it and stuck that back in the freezer...so I was only going to cook about 2 lbs.

I put some BBQ sauce and garlic and worchestershire sauce on the meat and then I put three onions on top and poured in the two jars of Pork Gravy!

I cooked it for 5 hours on HIGH! Then when it was done I did instant mashed potatoes (4 minutes!) and seasoned lima beans!

Oh Boy! Did I ever have GRAVY!!  Bucky

Oh....I forgot....before I put the meat in the crock pot I seared it real good in a frying pan until it was BLACK all over!

I burned it real good. It was fantastic.

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2023 at 13:27
Pork Roast Recipe or Oven Roast Pork TenderLoin | Best Recipe Box

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic