OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Critter Cooking Café
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A Chicken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Chicken
    Posted: February/05/2021 at 11:05
Welp, I just built myself a crock pot of chicken....

I got three huge chicken breasts and cut them in half longways...

I chopped up a couple of onions with my new knife set! Bucky Lined the bottom of the crock pot.

Then I made myself a RUB. I poured in a couple of Tbsp of minced garlic, dumped in some black pepper, Worchestershire sauce, Burman's Hot Sauce, paprika, basil....

Then I dragged the chicken through that and put 'em on the onions. Then I put four big pieces of thick-sliced bacon on top, and then poured maybe a half cup of honey on top.

Then I cut up two potatoes and stuck them all around the edges, then dumped two cans of green beans on top, and then a quart of mushrooms on the very top covered with pepper.

We'll see how it comes out in eight hours on LOW.

Image result for peanuts in school class

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 12:31
Sounds real good to me Ed! Enjoy.
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 12:51
Image result for black garlic carolina reaper hot sauce

Maybe I'll put ONE DROP of this in the crock pot.....OMG!!!   

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 12:54
Go for it, the Lord hates a coward!
God save the Empire!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 13:45
Here’s what I use in chili or spaghetti sauce if I’m the only one using it.

God save the Empire!
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 15:44
Have the ice cream ready in the morning!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 16:18
Gives feel the burn a whole new meaning.
God save the Empire!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2021 at 22:37
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Here’s what I use in chili or spaghetti sauce if I’m the only one using it.

I think there's a misprint on that label... the one I saw said "Makes the Dead feel alive"...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2021 at 11:58
It was real good..... the chicken was falling apart....  
Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2021 at 12:06
It sounded great, good to hear it turned out so well.
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2021 at 18:56
I cooked it eight hours because I wanted the chicken to fall apart and I wanted the potatoes to get done...( I think a couple of those potatoes could have used another two hours!) 

Boy oh boy! My new knives! Holy crap! They went through onions and potatoes like slicing thru JELL-O!!!  Holy crap! 

Image result for kitchen knife

Stone Boomer knives....I got the watermelon thingee, too.....(Meghan got them for me for Christmas!)

I got a 12X14 inch slab of maple basketball court flooring as a cutting board. A couple of years ago the YMCA tore out the floor of ONE of their TWO basketball courts. Heh heh....I asked they guys for a piece! Big Grin

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2021 at 19:49
Cooked Chicken Marsala yesterday.  Not a complicated dish, uses fried chicken and no one can discount a good Marsala.  Wife and children loved it.  I'll play with the recipe some and see if I can't improve it.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2021 at 20:45
Really enjoy a good curry, don’t have it too often because the kids complain about the smell. Maybe I should tell them to stay home more!
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2021 at 08:16
Yeah....curry makes it seem as if you just walked into a motel off the Interstate....
Visit the Ed Show
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2021 at 08:30
Chicken for breakfast, I’m down Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2021 at 12:20
What is Chicken Marsala?  Is that a wine sauce?    
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic