OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Unertl - 10x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbridges00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unertl - 10x
    Posted: June/22/2021 at 15:23
Hard to find any recent information about these scopes.  Wondering if anyone here has information regarding value and where's the best place to market it?

rbridges00 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbridges00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 15:26
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbridges00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 15:27
Not letting me post images and won't let me edit or delete the posts.   Sorry.
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 17:17
You need to have a certain number of posts before posting images. Please message a board moderator.
By all means, please post images of your Unertl scope, including serial number. One of them was "lost" while mailing it. I can tell you the value of that one particular scope. 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 20:29
Send me a PM, I'l be happy to assist.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbridges00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2021 at 10:13
Serial number:  T0216

Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

You need to have a certain number of posts before posting images. Please message a board moderator.
By all means, please post images of your Unertl scope, including serial number. One of them was "lost" while mailing it. I can tell you the value of that one particular scope. 

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2021 at 06:36
Pictures Robby wanted added:

Non-issued Unertl scopes sold commercially in the early 2000s, after the original company had been acquired. They are marked "UNERTL - 10X" and have a "T" prefix serial number (for Tactical). 

Edited by Kickboxer - June/24/2021 at 06:49

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2021 at 06:47
The short mounting space for rings would complicate and reduce options for a potential user. Still, a very good scope worth a few $100 bills, they did not make many of them. 
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbridges00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2021 at 09:15
Anybody else got some info I can follow up on?  This is actually my brother's scope, he just doesn't do the internet :) 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2021 at 07:24
If you are looking for a sales price, the answer is "it depends".  I've recently seen some of them go as low as $300 and as high as $800... with original box and instructions.  However, some auctions have sold them at much higher prices... probably to buyers who did not know they were not military issue, but the general rule is "what the market will bear, let the buyer beware".  Condition is premium.  Authorized military versions bring some very high prices. Here is an older OT thread that has some minimally useful information:
http://www.opticstalk.com/unertl-10x-scope-look_topic31373.html
The T model was created for commercial sales... a good, not great scope.  Glass is good, mechanicals are very good.  The only one I've ever had "hands on" was moderately functional in low light, useable, not great.  Overall a very nice scope.  
CMP recently sold a USMC stamped Unertl 10x for over $6000.00.  If you put your brother's T-series up for auction, I would guess you MIGHT get up to $1200.00 or so...maybe over time.  The value fluctuates like the wind.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic