OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris FF II plus Landmark ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris FF II plus Landmark ?
    Posted: February/26/2004 at 16:53
OK, I see these at blow-out prices everywhere (but yours is the best!). What's going on? I never saw new FF II's for

much less than $250 and suddenly we can get it with a throw-in spotter too.

My understanding is that all Burris scopes have the same dual-spring adjustment mechanism (except the

Posi-Locks). Is this the case? If so, am I getting just a reliably tracking scope as a Signature? I know from the

Burris page the Sig's have bigger/better lenses but all are fully multicoated so the FF II shouldn't be too bad. I hope.

???

I love a bargain but when prices suddenly drop this low I start to worry. [:s] How would it stand up to, say, a

lightweight 30-06 firing 180's all day? Or should I pay more for something else? I'm not expecting much out of the

mini spotter, I would like to use it for pistol (25 and 50 yards). Well, that raises one question, will it focus down to 25

yards?

One final question, how is Burris' turn-around time on fixes?

Thanks! [:)]

hangfire View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2004 at 10:46
Hello? Anyone from SWFA out there? [:o]
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2004 at 13:45

This is a promotion that Burris was running this a great scope for the money and it come with a free spotter what more could you ask for in a scope..

Trajectory Compensation. Ballistic Plex and Ballistic Mil-Dot are simple ways to improve long range marksmanship. The lower part of the crosshair has ballistic lines that compensate for bullet drop from 100 yards to 500 yards and beyond. See "Why Burris is Better" And, of course, every Fullfield II includes the Burris Forever Warranty!!!!

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2004 at 13:58

Our price has always been the under $200. on the 3-9x40 Fullfield II.  The scope is the same as it has always been, the new owners at Burris just needed to stir things up a bit with this promotion.

Yes, every Burris scopes has the double spring.  Here is a chart showing the main differences in the Burris line.

It will stand up fine to anything you have to throw at it.  Burris scopes are all built like tanks.  Check out these stats on the Fullfield II

The little freebie spotter will focus down to about 15 yards easily.  Would be nice for what you want to use it for.

loder16 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loder16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2004 at 15:09

I couldn't pass up the deal and I couldn't be happier with the products. The scope is much clearer than my Leupold VX II that I paid $70 more for and I plan on switching them on my M77 .270 soon (snows just about gone and almost ready for outdoor range time again. Yippee!) and putting the Leupold on my 10/22. Haven't had a chance to really use the balistic plex but I have faith it will work as advertised. I liked it so much I bought a 4.5x14 FFII  for my new NEF Ultra Varmit in .223! For my needs and budget Burris is definitely my brand!

The spotter fits perfectly in my range box and has been great at the 50 yard range so far and yes it will focus down to 20 yards, I just can't figure out why anyone needs a spotter for that distance! LOL! :)

Good shooting!

hangfire View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2004 at 20:47

loder16 wrote:

The spotter fits perfectly in my range box and has been great at the 50 yard range so far and yes it will focus down to 20 yards, I just can't figure out why anyone needs a spotter for that distance! LOL! :)

Thanks for everyone's help, I've already ordered it and will check it out when it gets here. Can't wait!

Why 25 yard focus? When shooting a .22 handgun with no scope at the big Bullseye target, it is hard to see the little holes with your unaided eye.

loder16 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loder16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2004 at 21:06
 I've been using the B/C Shoot-N-C targets that solved that problem! I've also been blessed with good eyesight and take for granted not everyone sees the world as clearly as I do... :) Have fun with your new scope and happy shooting!
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2004 at 10:55

Gotta love Birchwood Casey for inventing those SHOOT*N*C targets.  For those who don't know what they are here is a link to a demo.

Click Here to play the demo game

hangfire View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2004 at 19:50
Nice practice targets but I don't think the league allows non-regulation targets.

ScreaminEagle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScreaminEagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2004 at 06:35

To Chris Farris:

Chris, I see that Burris' ad for the Fullfield compares it to several other scopes, including the Nikon Monarch.  How would you compare the two?

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2004 at 13:04

Both are fully multicoated and claim 95% light transmission.  When comparing the two in a hunting environment the Nikon Monarch is brighter and clearer.  Burris' main claim in the ad is how much stronger and better constructed the Fullfield II scope is and they are correct, but on the other hand we don't see many Monarchs breaking.  Double internal springs, quad seal and steel on steel clicks are some of the features offered by Burris that the Monarch does not offer.  I bet if Nikon made an ad comparing them self to Burris that it would be just as convincing but in their favor.

Both scopes are great scopes for the money and both have their strong points.  I would use the Burris Fullfield for daytime target varmint type shooting and the Nikon Monarch for low light big game hunting.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic