OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2x20 or 1.5x24 Compact ACOG?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 17:41

http://fivesevenforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5076

Just saw this and wanted to post it.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SunsetSam View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunsetSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 17:47

jmz5, you have a better picture than that, don't you?  It took me a while to notice, but that is a SBR (short barreled rifle) isn't it?  All perfectly legal of course with the proper registration if you live in a state that allows it.

Nice pic Tomac.  That illustrates the size of the PS90 nicely.  I had a Mini-14 once and at 34 inches long I felt it was too unwieldy to consider for home defense.

I chose the PS90 because I suck with a handgun without pressure.  How many laws are there for a gunfight?  I imagine the first is:  Have a gun.  The second could be:  Survive the gunfight.  I'll worry about what happens after, well, after.

I do make concessions for political correctness because I know half of the population voted for Gore once.  Like I said, my gun is green.  I won't double stack the magazine, no matter how practical it is.  I won't use a short barreled rifle, no matter how practical it is.  I think short barreled rifles are probably the best option for home defense unless the rifle creates so much blast and flash that it becomes a hindrance.

I remember long ago seeing the cover of Gun Digest and seeing the 10mm version of the HK MP5 submachine gun.  Two clear double row magazines with about 60 rounds of 10mm hollow point showing.  To me that could be the perfect home defense rifle.  It is a shame I'll never have one.

SunsetSam View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunsetSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 17:49
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

http://fivesevenforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5076

Just saw this and wanted to post it.

Don't listen to that guy.  He doesn't know what he is talking about

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 17:52

Doh!!

Man I feel dumb...er.

I didn't even look at the name. Sorry.

Cool looking Aimpoint!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SunsetSam View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunsetSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 18:03
I'm glad you added that link.  I was surprised to just see the Aimpoint "Micro" just show up on the lightfighter forum like that.  I hope it is for real.
jmz5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmz5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 19:59
No, i dont have a better pic of my ps90, and yes it is a legal sbr with an overall length of 19.7 inches.
P99guy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P99guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2006 at 21:53

some size comparisons with mine

SunsetSam View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunsetSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 18:13

I ended up getting the 2x20 Compact ACOG.  Thanks SWFA!  The scope is a thing of beauty.  The image and the reticle are very clear and crisp.

While waiting on a mount for my PS90 I have the ACOG mounted on an airsoft P90.  While I can use the scope fairly quickly (for me) at close range (inside 20 feet) I am quicker with my Eotech 552.  The Eotech is just more natural to use than trying to combine the magnified and unmagnified images of the 2x20.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic