OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My M4 needs some glass...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mytus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My M4 needs some glass...
    Posted: December/12/2006 at 22:22
I currently have a CMMG M4 14.5" with an Aimpoint Comp M3 2moa.  Unfortunately, LASIK has ruined my ability to use this optic w/o the "starburst" effect.  So...I want something to replace it.  The simple option would be the TA01NSN...but the idea that I am limited to one round, and its availability (M855) are topics of concern .  (I still may buy the ACOG)  I have a SS  on my .308 and just love it.  But, I think that I would like to venture into the lower power tactical scope market.  So...any ideas?  Thanks in advance...
All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2006 at 23:56

IOR Valdada makes several exellent Tactical CQB scopes using high resolution glass at very competitive prices.

The 35MM CQB scopes from IOR Valdada are made with high quality componets, check out thier models and

see if these are the features you are looking for. There is better but you will have to expand your budget past

this point.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2006 at 10:42

I recently bought a TAO1B for a .308 version and mounted the scope with GG&G mount and I am quite pleased with the result.

I know that the reticle is set up for a specific round but use whatever round  you like and just field test it - that way if the round you like always strikes 3 in low at 300 yds you know what you will get besides people are up and down not side to side like animals. You'll hit something. I would not be the least bit hesitant to put the TAO1 on your .223 look on samplelist.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2006 at 17:06
Compact ACOGs have simple reticles that are not caliber dependent.

IOR 3x25 CQB may be worth a look as well.

ILya
nksmfamjp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nksmfamjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2006 at 11:32

Originally posted by Mytus Mytus wrote:

. . .Unfortunately, LASIK has ruined my ability to use this optic w/o the "starburst" effect.  .

Can you clarify this?  I hadn't heard of this side effect.

sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2006 at 09:14
I had this issue for about a year after my PRK and it has cleared up as things healed.  I hadn't heard about it being a long term problem for either LASIK or PRK but I still have a little bit of it while driving at night (oncoming vehicle headlights).  Having used the TA01 and now owning/using a TA11 I would spend the extra money for dual illumination.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic