OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

WSM’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Poll Question: What do you think?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
43 [50.59%]
12 [14.12%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [8.24%]
7 [8.24%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
10 [11.76%]
6 [7.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 11:56
.50 are very nice but good ones are quite a bit of money. I am not realy interested in one right now, maybee in the future.
rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 13:16
I think he was talking about buffalo & elephants as plains game is still fair game for most rifles. But "back when" people really did take on Buffs and hefelumps with small bores. good ? Stupid ? all I have with me?.... that's why I carry my 375 H&H when hunting mulies in the black timber where Mr. Griz also lives.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 13:38
HAHAHA We have all been duped. those are not 50s shooting bad guys, they are prarie dogs! Check it out.....

No, But are you sure of what you are watching? The videos circulating are from the Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter site. Here's the url where they downloaded the originals:
http://rmvh.com/Scenes.htm
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 13:39
correct me if i am wrong but wasnt the largest bear in alaska killed but an old inuit woman with a single well placed shot to the head of the bear with a .22 rimfire?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 18:24
When you decide to go after Browns with 22 RF let me know. I'll bring my 400 H&H to back you up. It will make a great video for "my space". (you have to pay my airfare but I will accompany your remains home)
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 18:55

Originally posted by rootmanslim rootmanslim wrote:

When you decide to go after Browns with 22 RF let me know. I'll bring my 400 H&H to back you up. It will make a great video for "my space". (you have to pay my airfare but I will accompany your remains home)

dont get me wrong im not saying its a good idea im just saying its been done, cause trust me i would be out there with anything that didnt throw a volkswagon out of the barrel

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
NDNorm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDNorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 20:24

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

correct me if i am wrong but wasnt the largest bear in alaska killed but an old inuit woman with a single well placed shot to the head of the bear with a .22 rimfire?

unless my memory is wrong, she was defending her children and it was all she had. and it was up close and personal.

Norm

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 20:30
yeah thats kinda what i remembered too
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 22:44
Never mess with a Mom defending he kids be she Human, winged or 4 legged. I remember back in NY we has some jerk in a Kayak bother a Swan and her Cygnets (spelling?). She attacked and almost drowned him. Then he wanted the wardens to kill her! He got a big fine instead and his Kayak confiscated. Sometimes it just all comes together!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 07:28

[QUOTE=rootmanslim]HAHAHA We have all been duped. those are not 50s shooting bad guys, they are prarie dogs! Check it out.....

No, But are you sure of what you are watching? The videos circulating are from the Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter site. Here's the url where they downloaded the originals:
http://rmvh.com/Scenes.htm[/QUOTE]

You are correct sir.  I should have read the reviews, as I am sure you did.  I still was piece of awesome shooting!

Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 09:31
Yeah and that one sequence really looked like a flying bad guy's arm. The one of the boys on the roof with the AR 308 (??) was real and neat.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 12:34
guess who said this? hint he's dead and actually shot people as well as game.

"As we read the ads, we notice a proliferation of newly variable cartridge types. We do not need new cartridge types. We have had excellent cartridge types for practically all of the 20th century, and there is nothing that the brand new "4.27 Super Hydra Short" will do that a 30-06 (dated 1906) or a 270 (dated 1924) will not do every bit as well. We do not need new cartridges, but we have needed new weapons in which to shoot them, and that need has only been fitfully met. A striking example of this situation is the venerable 45-70 cartridge, which was an excellent innovation back in the 1880s and is well worth revival today, as we see within the excellent Wild West Co-Pilot.

The other striking example is, of course, the Steyr Scout, which has turned out to be such a good idea that it is commercially too far ahead of its time. Delivered in caliber 308 (7.62 NATO), it will do anything the shooter can do, which fact dismays the marketer who would like the customer to be dissatisfied with whatever cartridge his current rifle shoots. But the production of toys is a function of sales rather than excellence, so the aim of the salesman is to offer something which is different, rather than better. Of course, salescraft suggests that the new product must be better, and it is up to the customer to solve this issue on his own."

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 17:06
Col. Jeff Cooper?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 17:13
Ted gets the gold ring! Col. Cooper would last about 30 seconds on OT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic