OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

WSM’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Poll Question: What do you think?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
43 [50.59%]
12 [14.12%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [8.24%]
7 [8.24%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
10 [11.76%]
6 [7.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 01:13

I guess it was about the poll for a gun forum?

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 01:14
Exellent Hot 30! Thank you for your post!
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 01:22

SVD, your quite welcome!  If you dont mind Id like to bring this matter up from time to time.  Im currently building a SAVAGE to go F-class, im looking at a 1"x 26" bull barrel with this 3-groove stuff!  Just missed the ORLANDO shot show (got sick) was going to find all my answers there, oh well.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 01:31
i would love to hear your progress,keep us posted.
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 01:46

SVD, just got wind on the 07 model Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 , sounds like they finally got there head out of ------ and built a target/tactical scope. Its on CHRISs board of "new 07 products".  Asked him if he could post the "internal adj. range", something the 4200 never had much of  !!!   Might save my bucks for this one instead of the Nikon blowout thats goin on???

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 03:08
I hear you Hot 30 but did you see the post in the tac section...with the new prototype Xotic biengsent to Mike soon,,,,,4200 30mm is history IMO.
rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 09:24
SVD, Most of the folks who write for Rifle and handloader and the new Successful Hunter are among the most experienced hunters/shooters/handloaders out there today. In their respective fields they have been there and done that to a degree most of can only aspire to.If you think any of them are "hacks" I guess I'd ask that you name names and cite examples.
Boddington, Scoville, Venturino, Sengel, Pearce, Haviland, Barsness, Waters.... a who's who of shooting, reloading and hunting. Comparative tests are really tests (see the latest Handloader test on Premium bullets for a fine example)
What they lack is a really good optics editor......
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 09:33
Barsness did optics coverage for a while, haven't read what he is up to lately.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 09:51
They do Optics but really dont get into side by side tests with equipment, resolution charts etc.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 10:34
Root but there is money involved and I have seen many magazines praise stuff in the past that I would consider junk or the trend(what sells).........I am not to fond of the marketing side of the buisness.....
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 10:49
Leupold comes to mind..........
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 11:14
Well I guess then we are left in the darkness never believing anything we read, see or hear unless we experience it ourselves?
I believe if a 12 gauge deer slug hits me between the eyes I will be dead. Never had it happen but I believe it. When Taylor says a 505 Gibbs will stop an Elephant in its tracks I believe. When Boddington says a Kimber 8400 is a good rifle I believe.
As to all the dumping on loopies... I'm still waiting for an independent lab test of scopes side by side performed with recognized testing equipment & techniques. Until then the dozen or so loopies I own work fine, haven't ever failed in anything that is considered normal use in Wyoming (it a'int beanfield stand hunting!). So have the Nikons, S&B, ancient Zeisses. 50 year old Weavers & Lymans. I think there is far too much time being spent on subjective opinions and too much of the "they are all paid off" school of thought. Maybe it's possible that these guys are just trying to do a good job for the reading & viewing public with no secret agenda.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 11:23

It is better now than before., we have the Internet and great forums like this one...all the dirty little secrets revealed....

mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 12:05

root has a good point; that is, we can believe those who have proved themselves trustworthy.

There are a few here whose opinion I value.  The rest of y'all are good entertainment, though.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 12:11

Root realy dosent IMO. See this is Optics Talk,not History,Politics,Religion,Magazine,Marketing.....etc..

The information that we share here and our field tests are more valuable to me along with my circle of

friends than anything I could have ever hoped for in this passion of mine. Then again others have other intrests.

Edited by SVD666
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 12:13
Ask yourself,why are we here day in and day out? If our minds are already made up..........
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 12:49
SVD you really need to broaden your life. As I have said (this is the FOURTH time) I will not discuss history god and politics anywhere except anything goes. The idea that an obscure forum with a few active members is the end all and be all of optics knowledge is absurd. Magazines, TV and marketing bring us lots of choices. If they rountinly lie they will be found out and suffer $ wise. I just don't get this unsubstainted hatred of Leupold with nothing but thread experts or other opinionated bloggers to back it up. The belief that effective marketing will sell a product over time that is substandard and inferior to its peers is silly. Look at the $ GM spent on the Corvair or Ford on the Edsel... they were not even short term winners. Leupold, on the other hand, has been around a LONG time. I have owned them back to the days of the Pioneer and Adjusto Mounts. The ONLY problem I ever had was because I dropped a rifle down a rockslide that would have killed me had I not let the rifle go and grabbed a tree. It was fixed in less than a week at no charge.That's damned good "marketing" and also the truth not an opinion.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 12:58

This thread is about advanced cartriges,advanced optics,advaced mounts,advanced shooting.

To bring leupold into a thread like this really shows just how much you know or I should say

dont..............quit the leupoldpats in the ass...and move foreward.........

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 13:22

"Don't make me say this! But you all sound like a bunch of girls!!! That hurt me worst then it did y'all!! "

Thanks Stephanie

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 13:35

Be men,move foreward,advace,dont settle,call the shots do not let anybody call them for you.

On this thread I have presented my field tests, my observations, my loyalty to this forum and its

great members. That is why I am here and to share similar threads with all of you. I have a

serious question for you,why are you here?I cencerly bring this thread to you from the heart.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic