OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedHistory 101 for our friends across the po

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 18:42

Koshkin,

I think we are going to have to simply agree to disagree about the level of Polish culpability in these matters... at least until we are able to get together someday and discuss the issue in a more appropriate venue then an internet message board.

BTW, I also am not Polish - though I do speak the language fairly well.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 18:53
We can certainly agree to disagree.  However, that will not change a single thing about widespread Polish anti-semitism.  You can choose to ignore it or to be aware of it.  That does not change the fact that it is there.

Iranian president Ahmadinejad also says: "I have nothing against the Jews" whenever any western media is present, but do you believe him?  The fact that you did not notice anti-semitism in Poland is mainly a reflection of the fact that there are not a whole lot of Jews in Poland, nothing else.

ILya
rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 22:47
Koshkin has it right. If anyone read non revisionist history (I suppose that means you have to be 60 or so) you would find that almost all of Europe was and to a great extent is anti-semite. The notable exception in the war caused by the international jewish conspiracy (That's revisionist code for WW II) was Denmark. Any thinking student of history knows that we will wimp out on Iran and are hoping that Israel will handle the problem (as no one else has the balls). The UN with go nuts but they often do and it comes to nothing. Real-Politik would have the Chinese, Japan, Israel and us deciding what is going to happen in the Middle East and as capt picard would say "make it so". We're wimps so it won't and there's a fair chance the Muslims will get the bomb, use it and we'll enter a new dark age. My M-1 is clean and I have LOTS of 30 cal ball. Gotta go watch Red Dawn... a lousy movie but a basic plot that becomes more believable every day
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 23:10
Jon joins the "ban them" list.(on Technika's thread)  Shame! Guys this thread is for mixing it up. If you dont want to, stick with the pure scope threads. What's next burning Elmer Keith's Big Game Rifles in the town square cause he thought the 270 was a Pogun and you happen to love O'Connor? I find this intolerence of others viewpoints from Americans almost as disturbing as Euros anti-semitism. Did you guys all attend school after they stopped teaching the Bill of Rights in favor of Ebonics for opressors? If you come to this thread expecting descriptions of viewing resolution charts....well you're in the wrong spot.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 23:24
Rootmanslim, this forum is called "Almost, Anything Goes".  Pay attention to the word "Almost".  While the topic of the conversation may be found objectionable by some, noone would call for banning it.  Unless I am very wrong, the problem is not what you are saying, but rather how you are saying it.  One of the reasons so many of us come to this forum is the fact that we have discussions here, rather than flame wars.  As far as the subject matter goes, I actually agree with you on a lot of this (never thought I'd say that), but the way you deliver your thoughts clearly works against you.  If you make an attempt to behave like a civilized person, people will listen to you more.

A little while ago we had a thread where we defined some behavior rules for this forum.  If memory serves me right, you posted in that thread as well.  Please refer back to it occasionally.  That should provide some guidelines on how to express our opinions.  While you are there, also pay attention to a request by our hosts to not advertise for their competitors as you have recently done on several occasions in other threads.

ILya
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 00:45
K. First sorry about competitor, my error. I grew up in a very active and diverse political household where what you gentle souls call flame warms were normal discourse. History seems to be a losing cause in America and folks forgot or more probably never learned how the august founding fathers spoke about each other or 100 years later how the venerated Honest Abe was described in the media "The great baboon" etc. Now we are all so "nicey , nicey that no one says what they mean lest they be sued, called "insensitive" or get a law passed against it.
As to the whole issue of the USA & Israel... that merited a full afterburner flame war and I hope technikika will get beyond the PLO propaganda spewed by the Euro media.
On the other threads, you are 100% correct and I'm cooling my jets as long as no one advocates censorship (banning members) over opinions on the merits of product A vs B.
technikia has just started a new thread on old scopes which hopefully will shed some light on the "newest is best" discussion. Thanks, RMS
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 00:57
I do not think anyone has been banned here for disagreeing with other members.  Similarly, folk here are far from being politically correct in any way shape or form.  All I ask here is to maintain civility.  If we can not be civil with each other, then how are we different from the the opposition?  They believe that whoever screams loudest wins.  I always thought that we could be better than that.

ILya
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 16:40

Topic locked in lieu of rule #4.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic