OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

WSM, what do you think cont.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2007 at 10:15
As long as new stuff gets gun nuts like us foaming at the mouth to buy new toys, the shooting industry is able to continue being profitable and improve their products, and it's all good.  Although it's true we don't "need" any new cartridges, rifles, scopes, bullets, powders, etc., the fact is if there weren't any new product introductions enticing gun fanatics to go out and buy the latest and greatest, the shooting industry would be stagnant, wither and die.  Again, Man Law (section III, E, 2) states that "a man is totally justified in buying anything solely because it's cool."
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2007 at 10:31
RD, you got it right. My favorite quote:"I never saw an armored car following a hearse." Second favorite:"The objective of life is to be sure the check for your funeral bounces."
I will be among the first in line for a new TC ICON in 30 TC for no other reason
than I WANT IT!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2007 at 13:11
+1.  I sure like the looks of the Icon.  It has some very innovative features!  I especially like the integral scope bases, aluminum bedding block, 5R button rifled barrel, recessed bolt shroud, and overall style and countours of the receiver!  Out of the current chamberings offered, I'd probably go with the 30TC as well -- a hotter version of the .308.  In addition, it has some pretty sexy lines, and from the pics I've seen so far, it looks like they may be shipped with some decent wood figure.  I'll wait until it's out awhile, but it's definitely on my list of potential new firearms purchases! 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic