OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

leica range finder ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabby1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leica range finder ?
    Posted: March/06/2007 at 18:32

I am getting ready to purchase either the lrf 1200 or the crf 900. Any one with any advise about which one is better,can not look at either one around here. Both will range as far as I need. The crf is smaller,lighter and waterproof. I am wondering how hard it is to hold steady being small and light. The lrf will range farther is heavier and bigger and only water resistant. Need help making up my mind,any one have any real life experience with either one? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advanced

Big Whip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Whip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 20:58
I just bought the LRF 1200 because of the flat shape.  A friend has the CRF, and I found it difficult to get a reading over about 500 yards because I couldn't hold it still enough.  I found the LRF much easier to hold steady and get the really far readings.  I just got it yesterday so I haven't been to the mountains yet, but I've ranged a couple signs past 1000 yards.  Good luck with whichever you choose.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic