OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Monarch rInital Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Monarch rInital Review
    Posted: March/11/2007 at 15:32
Ok so I did it I purchased 2 Nikon Monarchs with the Balistic reticle.  On first observation these scopes are just awsome.  So I get the one mouted up to my AR (this is what I carrie as we are walking our butts out to where we shoot P-dogs.).  get everything mounted up and go to the range.  Granted this is just the shake down shoot so all I have at the moment is some Winchester White box FMJ's (you know the cheap stuff from Wal-mart).  She comes in real quickly.  I can not wait to get this on some 200 and 300 yd targets to fully evoluate the reticle, but at 100 she is very crisp and very clear.  I think they are a keeper ande can not get the one on my 300 Mag and see hoe it does.  I am also very impressed with the RRA AR as it is shooting better than I thought it would do.

the Rifle

The Group

I am looking forward to puting in some good ammo and really getting her dialed in.

Matt

Bang .... (silence) ... Pop goes the prairie dog.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 18:13

RRA makes great ARs, I have one too - though reserved for close-quarters work, no long range stuff.

Glad you ahd good luck withe Monarch.  I hear good things!

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Majja View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 19:05
Yea I actually bout this one just for fun and plinking.  I mainly use it at 100yds or less that is why it suprised me so much.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 19:16
thats pretty nice grouping for $10 shells well done congrats on the nice monarch scopes!! let us know how they do in the field would ya
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Majja View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 23:16
That I will.  I am looking forward to getting this scope in the field.  And out to some longer ranges to try the balastic reticle.  I should be getting the 300 Win Mag out in the next few weeks and will post a report on that one as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic