OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

20/20 report on guns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20/20 report on guns
    Posted: May/11/2007 at 13:33

WOW!  Actual honesty on the reporting of gun issues on national news!

It appears our side may be making some progress!  Encouraging!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3149487

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Narrow Gap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Narrow Gap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 17:48
I like to see the common sense spreading by way of the media!!! Way to go ABC!!!
louissr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louissr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2007 at 13:27
There is a clear need to reinstitue the draft and make firearms training a mandatory subject for all persons 16 and over. The members of the National Guard should be required to keep their weapons and ammunition at home, readily available. Any use of guns in felony crimes should result in immediate execution and public display of the perp's body. We could take the best parts of English common law, the Islamic code and the old Testament and solve the "gun problem" within a decade. Had the 9-11 planes been carrying the El Al logo there would have been no hijackings, just some dead ragheads. When Iran supplies Osama a nuke and it goes bang in the USA, killing more Americans than all our wars in history, perhaps the folks will wake up. It's too bad it will come to that but our history shows we are slow and reluctant learners.
Narrow Gap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Narrow Gap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2007 at 17:07
loiser, if Osama's Al Queda does explode a nuke on U.S.A. soil  better hope they kill us all here in the U.S.A because woa be unto them if they don't. I promise you we will win it has already been written in a book called Revelations.

Edited by Narrow Gap
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2007 at 10:07

Originally posted by louissr louissr wrote:

There is a clear need to reinstitue the draft and make firearms training a mandatory subject for all persons 16 and over. The members of the National Guard should be required to keep their weapons and ammunition at home, readily available. Any use of guns in felony crimes should result in immediate execution and public display of the perp's body. We could take the best parts of English common law, the Islamic code and the old Testament and solve the "gun problem" within a decade. Had the 9-11 planes been carrying the El Al logo there would have been no hijackings, just some dead ragheads. When Iran supplies Osama a nuke and it goes bang in the USA, killing more Americans than all our wars in history, perhaps the folks will wake up. It's too bad it will come to that but our history shows we are slow and reluctant learners.

Heaven forbid that ever happens.  If it does, you can kiss Mecca goodbye...

louissr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louissr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2007 at 13:08
Would you rather have Mecca or DC? You know what they would do if they had the nuke armed subs. We should act different because?
mongo223 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mongo223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2007 at 00:05
Wow, how did we get from honest reporting of gun issues by the media to turning the middle east into a sea of glass other than both ideas make sense. 
Let there be light.
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2007 at 10:54

Originally posted by mongo223 mongo223 wrote:

Wow, how did we get from honest reporting of gun issues by the media to turning the middle east into a sea of glass other than both ideas make sense. 

LOL!!!  So true...

lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2007 at 12:18

I apologize for the continued hijacking of this thread but, I had to comment...

There is a clear need to reinstitue the draft and make firearms training a mandatory subject for all persons 16 and over.

Thanks but, no thanks.  I'm not interested in allowing my children to be compelled to fight a war in Iraq, nor to fight an ill-defined "war on terror" both of which have only tenuous (at best) justification.  What was once a righteous and justified response to a vicious and evil attack has degenerated into a mere political tool (or toy.) 

I also will choose the kinds, degree, and levels of weapons training that my family receives and will allow you to (within the limits of the law) choose the same for your own family.  I see no need for national standardization of such issues - just like I don't see the need for my children to be indoctrinated with the "virtues" of "Johnny's got two daddies."

The members of the National Guard should be required to keep their weapons and ammunition at home, readily available.

Why?  So the government can take away civilian weapons (as was done in New Orleans) more readily?  How would arming members of the NG in their homes have put a stop to any of the terrorist attacks to which we have fallen victim?  

A better idea would be to limit the Commander in Chief's usage of the NG to actual, national emergencies rather than allowing him to send them to Iraq where they can't be called upon by Governors to serve when disasters strike domestically.

Any use of guns in felony crimes should result in immediate execution and public display of the perp's body.

As our entire system of justice is built upon the premise of an alleged offender being innocent until proven guilty, this would be a rather problematic solution.  It would also likely lead to rampant acts of vigilantism (perhaps on the part of the Police) which would be difficult if not impossible to diferentiate from the alleged original crime.  Thanks but, I prefer the Police to be on a nice tight leash.  They are, after all, charged with the responsibility to protect and to serve, not to act as independent judges, juries, and executioners.   Judge Dred only works in comic books.

We could take the best parts of English common law, the Islamic code and the old Testament and solve the "gun problem" within a decade.

ARE YOU INSANE!?!?! 

Our pilgrim and Revolutionary ancestors went through Hell on Earth to establish a nation that was NOT built on English Common Law (or on any other European system) nor on the Quran.  We are Americans, not Internationalists.  I have lived in Europe and have seen nothing inspiring or motivating about their chosen systems of governance. I am proud to be an AMERICAN and will fight tooth-and-nail to keep the rest of the world from unduly influencing or limiting my personal God-given freedoms!  If you like their systems of government so much, MOVE and go live where you can be subject to their whims. Leave the rest of us alone.  (Not to mention the fact that there is no "gun problem" to solve - unless of course, you mean the problem with politicians constantly trying to limit my personal right to keep and bear arms.)

When Iran supplies Osama a nuke and it goes bang in the USA, killing more Americans than all our wars in history, perhaps the folks will wake up. It's too bad it will come to that but our history shows we are slow and reluctant learners.

Not one of your proposed solutions (not even the insane ones) would serve to deter this potential eventuality in the least.

Edited by lucznik
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
mongo223 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mongo223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2007 at 00:07
Not so sure there are any best parts in the Islamic code. I'm all for the hokey pokey code! 
Let there be light.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2007 at 12:33
When you get to the last page of the Quran there is a special message written in invisable ink it reads:      "HA HA Just Kidding"

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
louissr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louissr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2007 at 06:05
Let's go to Switzerland..... guns everywhere, no crime to speak of, never invaded, no terrorists....is there a message for the sheep of the USA calmly sitting in airplanes as they are flown into buildings? sitting around schools whimpering under their desk while slaughetered by wack-jobs? more concerned about "homosexual indoctrinationation" than being killed? convinced the police are not 98% on our side? indulging in collective paranoia while sleeper cells are being built everywhere? so ignorent that they don't know 90% of the american judicial system is built on english common law?
(Louisana excepted)... the wakeup call is coming my friends, you dont want to be downwind of Chicago, NY, LA, DC etc..
"the lights around the world are going out and I'm afraid they will not be relite in my lifetime."
mongo223 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mongo223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2007 at 21:21
Einstein said we'd use rocks on the other side. Jim Morrison said I wanna get my kicks before the whole sh*t house goes up in flames.
Let there be light.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2007 at 22:51

Let's go to Switzerland...

"Let's" not go anywhere.  But, you are free and welcome to go anytime you choose.  Bon Voyage! 

'''more concerned about "homosexual indoctrinationation" than being killed?
  Better to die honorably and with a clear conscience than to live shamefully.

''convinced the police are not 98% on our side?
Tell that to the people of New Orleans.

...indulging in collective paranoia while sleeper cells are being built everywhere?

Now, that sounds a lot like the pot calling the kettle black.

...so ignorent that they don't know 90% of the american judicial system is built on english common law?
  Ah, but at least in our "ignorance" we can still spell and form correct sentences.

...the wakeup call is coming my friends
Oh good, so you're saying there's still time for a little nap!

you dont want to be downwind of Chicago, NY, LA, DC etc..
Already covered.

"the lights around the world are going out and I'm afraid they will not be relite in my lifetime."
An interesting though cryptic, meaningless, and poorly cited quote.

Edited by lucznik
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
mongo223 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mongo223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2007 at 17:22
I'm getting off this thread getting to weird for meWacko.BounceBannanaMoon
Let there be light.
mongo223 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mongo223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2007 at 21:16
O.K..... I lied,bring on the weirdness.FlamethrowerSkull
Let there be light.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic