OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon vs. Burris

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 23:12
I bought the Burris Signature Select 4-14x44 matte with BDC for $200...used w/.lifetime warranty
Burris XTR used $500
Burris FF2 used $135.00

new,..buy from SWFA

watch http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?category=gunstuff

I am happy with it mounted in TPS rings on my AR. I run the Burris XTR 3-12x50/TPS with lit reticle on my AR-10LR. I also run 3-9x40 FF11 on my Ruger M77 ultralight 300WSM. I use Burris, its going against the grain in a Nikon family. But I like american products, quality craftsmanship and a guarantee. I still like Nikon, but for the money I buy burris. I'm a tight ass, but my weapons still hit the mark- flawlessly. An entry level FF2 is still better than 75% of whats out there in 3-9x scopes. With a family of Nikon users, I kill more with Burris than any other optic. I also bought the 25-75x scout spotter. For the money it kicks ass. My old man is always saying how sweet the glass on his Earth and sky nikon is, but its a 45x, so when we head down to the 300yd range he puts the 45x nikon in the trunk.

Burris is offering solid products that meet the needs of citizens and contractors. Good luck,
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 10:56
burris makes a good scope and so does nikon, there issues are with cs dept  though which sucks
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 16:59
Close call on these two from an optics standpoint. I would actually favor nikon over burris on service however.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
mikerabe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikerabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2007 at 15:38
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

burris makes a good scope and so does nikon, there issues are with cs dept  though which sucks

Have you personally dealt with Nikon's CS?  I have twice, both times item was replaced under the 25 year no fault warranty. I sent the items in received an email the first time and a phone call the following time. I received my a new pair of Nikon 8x42lxl binos I four weeks time. The eyepiece for my Nikon Fieldscope III took 5 weeks. I was very pleased with their CS.Bandito
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2007 at 15:40
hey ct come look at this nikon's cs dept  was nice to somebody!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2007 at 15:45
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

hey ct come look at this nikon's cs dept  was nice to somebody!!

Holy Christmas!! Shocked

You have found favor with The Nikon Gods, my friend.
Ever thought about buying a lottery ticket or playing Black Jack in Vegas??  Wink

Seriously, thats good to know. Nikon's CS has gotten some really bad reviews over the years.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2007 at 15:46
yeah dude go out and buy a powerball ticket right now!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2007 at 18:11
Hey I can post in the varmint scope forum again! Thanks Chris its working.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2007 at 18:30
sweet focus your back!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic