OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage and Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage and Super Sniper
    Posted: August/28/2007 at 14:06

First time to try posting a pic here.  Please bear with me.  If it works, it should show my Savage BVSS in 308, SS10x42, Farrell std base, Warne QD rings, and Versapod.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2007 at 14:13
I love it, very nice and well executed set-up.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2007 at 15:42
Boy does that look like FUN.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2007 at 20:34
    "SUITABLE  FOR  FRAMING"   Must agree, well planned.!!
Tennessean View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2007 at 10:57

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome guys. 

If DEADBEAT's around, you can see from the pics that I had plenty of room with the medium height Warne Maxima rings, and could have gone with the low version.

BTW, although I don't have many rounds through it yet, I've tried the Hornady A-max, Federal GMM, and Black Hills SMK, and it seems to like the Black Hills 168gr the best. 

Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2007 at 12:36

Agree very nice rifle and set up, post some targets when you can I would bet it will ba a tack driver.

Duce 

Duce
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2007 at 12:41

Nice stick!!

How do you like the Accu-Trigger?

Tennessean View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2007 at 13:49

I'll see what I can do as far as the targets.  I think it's main limitations are my shaky hands and poor eyesight.  Given those limitations, even with me pulling the trigger, it easily puts 3 rounds under an inch.  Looking forward to getting more practice, and picking up some tips here in the forums.

I like the Accu-Trigger, but I haven't changed it from whatever the factory setting was.  It's still got a lighter pull than anything else I've shot.

The rifle itself is a pretty heavy setup.  As pictured, it weighs in right at 13.8 lbs.

DEAD_BEAT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 14:21

very nice i should have mine done by the end of he weekend if im lucky . thanks for the info on the rings i went with the farrel std. base and burris XTR rings

JIM

JIM
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 14:24
Sounds great Jim, please post pics if possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic