OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon Accupoint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellolab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trijicon Accupoint
    Posted: August/28/2007 at 15:19
What do you guys think of this scope? Can't find much on it here.

Looking for something light and quick to go on a 7600 pump .358 Winchester carbine, and I'm thinking this might be a good fit.

I realize it won't be as "precise" as something with crosshairs, but for hunting whitetails here in Vermont ??

Kevin
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2007 at 16:11

Originally posted by yellolab yellolab wrote:

I realize it won't be as "precise" as something with crosshairs, but for hunting whitetails here in Vermont ??

Kevin

I don't have any experience with the scope itself, but actually the triangular (B.A.C.) reticle allows for very precise aiming, every bit as precise as a standard crosshair, because you aim with the top point of the triangle.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2007 at 21:30

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7589&PN=1      AWESOME SCOPES

TR21 Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope                                                                               Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Amber Triangle BAC
  • 1"
SWFA: $572.95
More Info... Buy Now

TR21R Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope                                                                               Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle BAC
  • 1"
SWFA: $572.95
More Info... Buy Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2007 at 23:10

I have used them a bit and I cannot recomend the 1,25-4X

I love the reticle, fast and precise so it works very well for all kinds of hunting situations.

But the eyerelief is like Leupold not consistant and is changing with the magnification.

when i used the scope I could only runt it betwen 2-4X otherwise the eyerelief became to long.

The FOV is poor.

Regards Technika

Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 09:30

Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope

Specifications
Weight (oz): 11.4

Red Triangle BAC

Length (in): 10.2
Eye Relief (in): 4.8 - 3.4
Field of View @ 100yds (ft): 61.6 - 20.5
Exit Pupil (mm): 16.9 - 6

If the field of view at 1.25 is 61.6 ft at 100 yds and is 20.5 at 4x at 100 yds lets compare to say a Bushnell 2.5-10x40 (something seen as a relatively decent hunting scope) its field of view at 2.5 is 41.5 ft at 100 yds and at 10x is 10.8ft the Trijicon 2.5-10 having 37.6 ft at 2.5x and 10.1ft at 10x at 100 yds.  So I don't see how you can say "field of view is poor"  As for eye relief changing they do that but 4.8 at 1.25 to 3.4 at 4x so you mount it at an eye relief distance that what works best for how you will use the scope. The other day when I got poked in the eye by my Bushnell 4200 I would have loved to have a little more eye relief. I think that the fiber optic and tritium lit reticle more than makes up for any shortcommings this scope might have. The only other choice that will do the same type of thing is an Aimpoint 1x or 2x witha 1 or 2moa dot.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
yellolab View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellolab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 13:39
Thanks for everyone's input, I'm going to try the 3-9x40 amber.

I'll put a review up in a month or so.

Kevin
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 22:05
TR22 Trijicon 2.5-10x56 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                          Trijicon 2.5-10x56 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Amber Triangle
  • 30mm
SWFA: $763.95
More Info... Buy Now
I think this one is worth the difference if you can afford a little more the 56mm is really bright.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
yellolab View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellolab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 07:09
It's not the money, it's just its going on a 18" carbine rifle, I methinks that monster would dwarf it.

Gotta look good out that, it's well known that big bucks won't come to an ugly rifle set-up :)

Kevin
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2007 at 01:03

It's not correct to compare a 1,25-4X with a 2,5-10.

As I see it the 1,25-4X scope is something that normally is used for quick shots and often on short distances.

The 2,5-10 is entiraly different in it's use.

When I used the Tricion 1,25-4X I had it mounted on a HVA .358 Norma Magnum.

When it was compared to a friends 25years plus SuB 1,25-4X the FOV was something like 50-75% bigger on the old SuB.

If we compare it to modern scopes the differance will get even bigger.

I mounted the scope as long forward as it was possible, but even then i could not use it on 1,25-2X as the eyerelief was to big. If that should have worked out it would have been necessarry with extension REAR ring.....

I am not standing on a driven hunt and moving my head and eye backward and forward to fit to the scope, when I am mounting the gun I should and must be able to look through the scope to be able to shoot fast, precise and confortable.

Besides the 1" tube is exeptionally short and makes the scope diffeicult to mount on a long action.

As I always tryes to avoid extension rings as they build height I had to turn the rings conical inside.

So the scope would be much nicer if it was a 30mm scope without objecitve bell.

Roedeer on a driven hunt, they wasent running but they was on the move.

Wild boar on a driven hunt, he runned as fast as he could 70 yards away from me, just across a small road in the forrest.

Scope is mounted as forward as it was possible, but even then was the eyerelief to long.

Both Rear and Front rings was turned conical to fit to the bells so i could get the scope mounted with out the use of extensionstuff.

Regards Technika

Edited by www.technika.nu
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2007 at 16:21

Winchester 7600 has a somewhat flat top and while you might have to have it drilled and tapped you should be able to attach a one piece rail like

50001B Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 1 Piece Rail                                                                            Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 1 Piece Rail
  • Matte
  • Remington 870 Shotgun
SWFA: $119.95

This type of base is much more friendly to adjust the scope position. Call SWFA to see what model of base will come closest or talk to a gunsmith there about drilling and tapping and attaching a base. There are not many bases made for the 7600 but a call to SWFA should let you know what is out there.

X3581 - 358 Winchester   358 winchester is not a long action cartridge like that Norma

I really like the 1.25-4 better than the 3-9  and I like the 2.5-10 better than the 3-9 it seemed like both were brighter than the 3-9 but thats just me.  I was really impressed witht the 1.25-4 much more so than the 3-9 and 2.5 on the low end is better I would just bite the bullet and have the 56mm objective which might look a little over sized but would ceratainly be a bright scope.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2007 at 02:19

Even if you can get the scope away longer towards the muzzle on the Remington I can still not see a scope that have varible eyerelief and smaller FOV than Zeiss offered 1922 on the worlds first variable scope as a good example of fast scope for close range work.

Or even more, I can't see the use of such a scope at all, when there is so much better scopes around.

Regards Technika

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic